Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004  (Read 3820 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« on: December 24, 2004, 12:11:19 am »

The mane wouldn't work on Cornelius because ur-bears did not have manes. Come on, Ray and Beef!

Edit: are there any extant members of the Manson Family?

Today's video: Finnish rappers, David Lee Roth clone on a harmonica and gratuitious workplace sexual harassment!

Edit: I love the way the stuffy guy indicates his secretary should leave with what appears to be a Hitler salute.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 12:24:20 am »

I firmly believe the title of this thread should've been "crusing for the fretful porpentine."

That being said,
DANG Cornelius, you'd've thought that getting shot might make a man re-evaluate his strategies, but apparently it just makes him the subject of much drunken tomfoolery.

There's got to be some nice anthropomorphic creature in the underground fit for a man (bear?) of Cornelius' erudite loquaciousness.


acoxcae
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 12:58:46 am »

Quote from: "acoxcae"
I firmly believe the title of this thread should've been "crusing for the fretful porpentine."

That being said,
DANG Cornelius, you'd've thought that getting shot might make a man re-evaluate his strategies, but apparently it just makes him the subject of much drunken tomfoolery.

There's got to be some nice anthropomorphic creature in the underground fit for a man (bear?) of Cornelius' erudite loquaciousness.


acoxcae


Maya Angelou?
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 01:05:18 am »

Hmm...maybe.  But I'm not sure how she'd look with a mane.

(If bear's ancestors had 'em, so did females, I say.)
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 01:06:50 am »

Quote from: "acoxcae"
I firmly believe the title of this thread should've been "crusing for the fretful porpentine."


I respectfully disagree.  "Dude needs mane" is the only possible title.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 01:15:47 am »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "acoxcae"
I firmly believe the title of this thread should've been "crusing for the fretful porpentine."


I respectfully disagree.  "Dude needs mane" is the only possible title.


Agreed!  I came to the forum immediately expecing to see it, and was completely disappointed.  Oh well.  But that panel is perfect.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 01:32:34 am »

I like the little wrist-manes. -comment removed as it no longer applies-

I looked to see where I knew "fretful porpentine" from, and it says Willy Shake and PG Wodehouse . . . so it's got to be PG.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2004, 01:51:36 am »

Wodehouse, of course. He used the term to great ends in Jeeves In The Morning, I think it was.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2004, 02:06:45 am »

You know, I always got a bit of a PG feel from Nate Small, and (now) Lyle, and Cornelius. Even Téodor, to an extent. That's just sublime.


Also, damn dogg, you are quick as shit. And the Lyle shirt is sweet!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2004, 02:33:50 am »

Should have known Onstad was a Wodehouse reader.  I'm a relatively late arrival to the appreciation of PG, but I'm making up for lost time.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2004, 02:52:08 am »

You should check out the Jeeves/Wooster PBS stuff with Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie, if you haven't. For those who don't know, they were also in Blackadder and had a bit in a Young Ones episode.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2004, 03:59:09 am »

I've seen a couple of them, years ago.  Seen all the Blackadders.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2004, 04:25:12 am »

They've got a bit in one Young Ones episode, on a game show - also featuring a very young Emma Thompson.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2004, 04:55:51 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Should have known Onstad was a Wodehouse reader.  I'm a relatively late arrival to the appreciation of PG, but I'm making up for lost time.


Maybe I ought to check out some Wodehouse. Is he the type of writer a fan of Evelyn Waugh might enjoy?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Chickenhead Mary, Be not Proud - 12/23/2004
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2004, 05:20:07 pm »

He's the type of author anyone who knows how to read would enjoy.

Sorry, I do that from time to time. If your idea of the pinnacle of high comedy is the film "Dumb and Dumber," you might not enjoy his work. I'd really say if you like Cornelius Bear, there are certainly parallels.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up