Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic (08-13-03)  (Read 5045 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

The Wonderous Me

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
Classic (08-13-03)
« on: August 13, 2003, 03:14:49 pm »

Even if you miss the "queer eye for the straight guy" crap reference, the comic still shows achewood form! Nice one.

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:52:13 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Classic (8/13)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 06:22:50 pm »

The idea of Weezer having a baby with an iMac is right up there with the best Achewood writing, IMHO -- pithy, quotable, and descriptive. Not likely to bump "my heart's explodin'! These knives!" off my most-quoted list, but damn useful.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Classic (8/13)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 07:40:36 pm »

I like the subtle stuff, like the two panels of Ray *listening* to Beef talk on the phone.  How many other comics have such pacing and good comic timing?

Man, I can't wait for Onstad's first stab at a Flash movie...

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Classic (8/13)
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 08:13:41 pm »

For the love of nice Pete, people, please put dates in the subject lines of these kinds of things!  

Sheesh.  

Oh, yeah, also, today's comic was neat.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Classic (8/13)
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 08:47:56 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
For the love of nice Pete, people, please put dates in the subject lines of these kinds of things!


Agreed, or at least use the name of the comic strip as the title.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

The Wonderous Me

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
Sheesh
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 08:54:46 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
For the love of nice Pete, people, please put dates in the subject lines of these kinds of things!  

Sheesh.  

Oh, yeah, also, today's comic was neat.


Well maybe I wanted my post to be eternal and just show my ongoing appreciation of the comic of the day EVERYDAY.?!? Besides I could be a time traveller and I might have been referring to a comic as yet unwritten/drawn in this dimension!
Logged

Capn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
Classic (8/13)
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 08:55:35 pm »

Today's comic gets funnier everytime I look at it.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Classic (8/13)
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 10:57:27 pm »

Show, what show?  Are they preparing Beef for a show?

Ray looks pretty buff, has he been working out?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Classic (8/13)
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2003, 02:51:15 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Show, what show?  Are they preparing Beef for a show?


DUDE. <gives you a stern look>

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07282003

I mean, puh-leaze.

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
imp
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2003, 08:32:41 pm »

Ray and Téodor are good at providing a ‘queer’ eye...
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Re: imp
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2003, 08:39:59 pm »

Quote from: "satchel"
Ray and Téodor are good at providing a ‘queer’ eye...

Which is kind of odd when you think about it, given that Ray's the furthest thing from gay we know of.  Téodor, on the other hand, might be at least a little.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

V-Adore

  • Guest
Classic (8/13)
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2003, 09:34:12 pm »

To quote alt text I may be misremembering, this is supposed to be "Normal Eye For the Weird Guy," or something along those lines. So nobody's sexual orientation is in question -- well, beyond Teodor's, but his is always in question.

I'm not entirely sure I agree on the normalcy element, though. Even for the Underground, Ray and Vlad can't be entirely average.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Classic (8/13)
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2003, 06:33:43 am »

Quote
<gives you a stern look>


Oh, so sorry.  I'm so embarrased.  Hey, that was almost three weeks ago, I have alzheimers you know.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

captainimpossibles

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Classic (8/13)
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2003, 04:05:05 am »

LIES. People with alzheimers can't remember they have it, unless they get a tattoo on their hand reminding them every ten minutes. You do not have a tattooed hand.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up