Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling CJ: Last Track Played  (Read 2779 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Calling CJ: Last Track Played
« on: December 29, 2004, 03:41:35 pm »

CJ, I seem to remember you having explained this a while back, I can't seem to find it.  How does your "Last Track Played" signature thing work?  I assume it is somehow Audioscrobbler related but how are you doing that exactly?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Calling CJ: Last Track Played
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 04:00:39 pm »

It is indeed AS related. I use the PHP-based ScrobblerSig which can be found here.

I haven't had a chance to try the newest version with its fancy time and font options since I'm moving computers but I've never had a problem with the older versions. And the author is always helpful.

You just need space on a server with PHP and GD libraries installed. You also need to set the folder's permissions to 777.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Calling CJ: Last Track Played
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 04:42:55 pm »

I have never gotten that fucker to work.  I blame my hosting service, who refuses to help beyond "PHP is working fine."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Calling CJ: Last Track Played
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 05:34:44 pm »

For a while my host accidentally turned off GD libraries but reactivated them within an hour after I e-mailed support.

If you go one level up in the link I provided there are other non-PHP options. I just like ScrobblerSig because of the options and because it can tell the difference between Now Playing and Last Played.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Calling CJ: Last Track Played
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 05:48:08 pm »

CJ, are we to believe from your sig that you have not listened to music since 19 Dec?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Calling CJ: Last Track Played
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 07:09:16 pm »

I completely gave up on all of that, as every time I use it my computer tells me, not gently, that I have no business using computers for anything beyond minesweeper.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Calling CJ: Last Track Played
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004, 07:18:27 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
CJ, are we to believe from your sig that you have not listened to music since 19 Dec?

I just got a new computer last week. I haven't yet moved all my mp3's or installed the reporting device. So I've had to listen to my music the old fashioned way.

It might still be a while since installing a 2nd HD is turning out to be much more difficult than I anticipated. I spent 80 minutes on the phone with Maxtor support Monday and still no dice. Damn you IDE! Damn you all to hell! Stupid non-SATA bastard.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Calling CJ: Last Track Played
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 05:45:18 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
CJ, are we to believe from your sig that you have not listened to music since 19 Dec?

I just got a new computer last week. I haven't yet moved all my mp3's or installed the reporting device. So I've had to listen to my music the old fashioned way.

It might still be a while since installing a 2nd HD is turning out to be much more difficult than I anticipated. I spent 80 minutes on the phone with Maxtor support Monday and still no dice. Damn you IDE! Damn you all to hell! Stupid non-SATA bastard.


never trust "cable select".
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Calling CJ: Last Track Played
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 01:41:53 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
It might still be a while since installing a 2nd HD is turning out to be much more difficult than I anticipated. I spent 80 minutes on the phone with Maxtor support Monday and still no dice. Damn you IDE! Damn you all to hell! Stupid non-SATA bastard.


never trust "cable select".

Browsing on Google it seems that I may have inadvertantly picked an ATA adapter card that can't co-exist with a SATA boot drive. Damn it all to hell.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up