Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: C'mon '05!  (Read 13597 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
C'mon '05!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2004, 12:41:32 am »

Well, I ain't gonna CJ it, but somebody was promising that around here recently. Of course if it was you, how helpful is that?



"The Year I Get A Job As The Boot And Not The Neck"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2004, 03:54:24 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"


"The Year I Get A Job As The Boot And Not The Neck"


Oh, if only.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2004, 04:08:24 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Well, I ain't gonna CJ it, but somebody was promising that around here recently. Of course if it was you, how helpful is that?


God, IT WAS ME.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
C'mon '05!
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2004, 02:48:56 pm »

Bozack is my favorite.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
C'mon '05!
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2004, 06:40:22 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

I always name the years before the beginning of the year - and they always have optimistic names.  1999 was the "Year of Living Dangerously."  God DAMN was that a good year.  Mmm-hmmm.


I kind of did that the other day. This shall be "the year of the kick ass record and maybe a book". Might not be a great year but it has to get done.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
C'mon '05!
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2004, 07:58:30 pm »

I would like a kick ass record, please. Unless you mean like eating 50 hard-boiled eggs in an hour or something.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2005, 12:46:46 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Well, I ain't gonna CJ it, but somebody was promising that around here recently. Of course if it was you, how helpful is that?


God, IT WAS ME.


I'll be closing my eyes and picturing the avatar. No talking, please.

Also, I move to amend the name to : "2005, the Year of Receiving Oral Sex." That should work for everyone.

So HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

By the time midnight rolls around here, it will be 5 am for many of you, and we'll get started on the second bag of fireworks which, fortunately, are cheap, plentiful and available at every grocery and drug store around. Pretty good ones, too.

We got two shopping bags of assorted pyromaniacal novelties for about 20 dollars! Hopefully 2005 won't be 'The Year I Learned Braille' or "The Year I got fitted for a hook".
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
C'mon '05!
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2005, 01:26:26 am »

I miss New Years' parties, a little bit.  But as I listen to the littlest del Vaca babbling while Mrs. del Vaca attempts to get her to go to sleep, I'm fine with hanging out at home tonight.  I'll proclaim 2005 "The Year of Winning the World Series of Poker."  Happy new year, evry'buddy.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
C'mon '05!
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2005, 02:12:42 am »

I'm just going to go ahead and stay at work for the next hour, then eat institutional food, and then crawl into my single bed and think about my wife, who is thousands of miles away right now.

Did I ruin your little holiday? Good!



Actually, it's ok, because it's BURGER NIGHT!!!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
C'mon '05!
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2005, 02:20:34 am »

Not ruined, cause I'm already, it seems, staying home to work, as the friend I was supposed to hang out with hasn't gotten in touch and is presumed still in Vermont.  I haven't gone quite so far as to go buy myself a bottle of cheap wine from the dep yet, but it remains the least awesome New Years in recent memory.  
Ah well, at least I'm back from Ontario.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2005, 03:08:22 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I'm just going to go ahead and stay at work for the next hour, then eat institutional food, and then crawl into my single bed and think about my wife, who is thousands of miles away right now.

Did I ruin your little holiday? Good!


Nabu's cranky because he's not getting any.

Really, can't you get a job closer to home?  I can't stand even hearing about this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2005, 03:11:06 am »

We just got back from seeing National Treasure which was the most god awful pile of steaming hyena droppings I've ever seen in my life.  Later Mrs. West and I will pop a bottle of champagne and share it.  We'll have a nice little kiss at midnight and go to bed.   New Years isn't a big holiday for us.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2005, 03:48:00 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I'm just going to go ahead and stay at work for the next hour, then eat institutional food, and then crawl into my single bed and think about my wife, who is thousands of miles away right now.

Did I ruin your little holiday? Good!



Actually, it's ok, because it's BURGER NIGHT!!!


Dude! Are you offshore on a drilling rig or something? It sounds cool, except for the big part where it sucks.

AW: War and Peace it wasn't, but I liked National Treasure. I knew it was a Disney film going in and I lowered my expectations accordingly - sorry your mileage was so shitty, though. It was pretty much just mental floss for me and I liked it OK. Hardly any kissin', no cusses, no one's gettin' naked, no real violence, just a lot of chasing around and clues (and a really over-the-top final destination for the happy heroes). It was nice to go to a 'Family" movie that wasn't animated or computer generated. That said, yeah, it was somewhat vapid and empty and a thinking man could go a long way into deconstructing it very disfavorably but I avoided thinking througout and good thing too....one thumb up and one thumb down.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
C'mon '05!
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2005, 04:17:27 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Dude! Are you offshore on a drilling rig or something? It sounds cool, except for the big part where it sucks.


I work here. We TALKED about this!

And this building is just down the block. Right now it looks just the same, except the photo would be totally white. My office window is totally obscured by a 25 foot tall drift of snow.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2005, 05:06:12 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

AW: War and Peace it wasn't, but I liked National Treasure. I knew it was a Disney film going in and I lowered my expectations accordingly - sorry your mileage was so shitty, though. It was pretty much just mental floss for me and I liked it OK. Hardly any kissin', no cusses, no one's gettin' naked, no real violence, just a lot of chasing around and clues (and a really over-the-top final destination for the happy heroes). It was nice to go to a 'Family" movie that wasn't animated or computer generated. That said, yeah, it was somewhat vapid and empty and a thinking man could go a long way into deconstructing it very disfavorably but I avoided thinking througout and good thing too....one thumb up and one thumb down.


I would be the last person in the world to damn mindless movies.  I can suspend disbelief as well as the next guy.  But there is a limit.  Some stuff is just too obviously stupid to be even vaguely realistic and that's jarring.  I just thought this movie really stunk it up, despite the presence of some great actors.  Give me a Jackie Chan movie over this crap anytime.  I've heard comparisons to the Indiana Jones movies and I'm sorry, but other than as relates to budget NT isn't even in the same ballpark.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up