Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: C'mon '05!  (Read 13613 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2005, 04:25:27 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
How big does a prawn have to be to be a "massive" prawn, anyway? It's going to bug me until I get an answer.

The size of your head.


Can prawns that large become riled and attack human settlements?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2005, 05:11:06 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
How big does a prawn have to be to be a "massive" prawn, anyway? It's going to bug me until I get an answer.

The size of your head.


2005: The year of cranium-sized shellgiraffe?

For New Years Eve, the SO and I went to the bar in town that was open (the college-kid bar was closed, since most of the college kids were still out of town).  I ate from their dinner buffet, drank too much, listened to a competent bar band, ate from their post-midnight breakfast buffet, and generally had a good time people watching and hanging out with my SO.  Until it was time to leave, anyway.  That's when 2005 became the year of breaking up fights between security guards and drunk assholes who'd been kicked out of the bar and were no trying to claw the bouncers eyes out.  

At least the bar's DD-shuttle gave us a ride home before we had to talk to the cops.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
C'mon '05!
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2005, 06:51:17 pm »

Oh, surely this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2005, 07:00:33 pm »

No, no, no!  You need this.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
C'mon '05!
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2005, 07:05:12 pm »

Take the train to work, and buy one of these instead.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
C'mon '05!
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2005, 07:09:24 pm »

An electrified tooth-weldin' machine is a perfectly acceptable substitute for reliable transportation.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2005, 07:41:59 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Take the train to work, and buy one of these instead.


I would but I already have two.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2005, 08:15:16 pm »

Um, hello!
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
C'mon '05!
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2005, 08:48:21 pm »

I drove a SmartCar-esque Mercedes in Germany a couple years ago.  I kind of liked it--it got me around, used little gas, my luggage fit in OK, and was indeed easy to park.  However, I missed my goal of hitting 100 MPH on the autobahn; I just didn't think the little car had what it took.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
C'mon '05!
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2005, 08:52:33 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
What should I buy?


That green Jeep looks pretty sweet, but do you need 4 wheel drive?  It's just one more thing that can break.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: C'mon '05!
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2005, 10:30:47 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"

In the cleansing, cleansing fire goes bad memories of:


Meniere's Disease



I am firmly going to hell for pointing out that's no way to ring in the new year.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
C'mon '05!
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2005, 11:16:38 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Um, hello!


Hello your own damn self.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2005, 12:01:04 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
As far as that Smart car, I would totally consider it as a daily driver if I lived in the type of metropolitan area it would serve best in.  Out here I'd become a headline: MAN CRUSHED IN TIN CAN BY ESCALADE.

I'd also heavily consider a hybrid as a daily driver if:

A) They were available.
B) They weren't expensive (see A).
C) If there was a track record of reliability data.

Which reminds me, memo to Escalade/Excursion/&c drivers: THERE'S NO fuck*ng FOG GODDAMMIT! So turn off your stupid-ass eye-level fog lamps you inconsiderate pieces of shit.

I feel the same way about hybrids. But the last I heard the batteries cost as much to replace as I'd save in fuel during that time. Ideally costs will go down as popularity increases but with car shit one can never be sure.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2005, 01:04:20 am »

My Dad has a Prius, which I am driving this month while he and Ma West are in Florida.  It's OK.  It's an '01 or '02.  Not teeny-tiny, about like a Corolla or something.  It's no V-8, but it's peppier than I thought it would be.  Lags occasionally going up hills.

One cool thing about it is you can constantly monitor where your power is coming from (engine/electric motor) and where it's going (wheels/battery).  Also, you can constantly monitor your fuel consumption, which usually hovers in the high 40's.  I had it up over 50 coming home today.  So that's cool.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
C'mon '05!
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2005, 01:06:32 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
ALSO: I already had a close brother to AW's suggestion.  It was fun.


Glad '05 is going well for you.  What was the close brother?

My first car was a '72 Ford Torino with a 351 Cleveland.  It rock-ed.  It think I could put the Prius in the trunk of that car.  Hell, I could probably put the Ranger in the trunk of that car.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up