Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak  (Read 8156 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2005, 08:10:27 pm »

Sorry to dredge this old thread up, but you play CoH, V-Adore? What server do you play on? I've got a character that's almost lvl 50 on Liberty.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2005, 08:13:53 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Sorry to dredge this old thread up, but you play CoH, V-Adore? What server do you play on? I've got a character that's almost lvl 50 on Liberty.

My main server is Champion, but I have a few alts on Virtue. I'm a relatively casual player and also very flighty about lots of alts, so at this point all of mine are fairly low-level: a level 14 (soon to be 15 once I finish off her 9-14 contacts) rad/rad defender on Champion, a level 13 energy/energy blaster on Virtue, and about eight or so others ranging from levels 5 through 10. (I'm really trying to break myself of the temptation to roll a new alt up every time an interesting power combo comes to mind.)
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2005, 08:18:15 pm »

Well I'm about to unlock Kheldians, so maybe I'll roll one up on Champion and we can team sometime.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2005, 01:38:08 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I bought World of Warcraft today, because everyone kept telling me how good it is and it actually works on Macs. Does anyone else here play any of the various orc-simulators? Is there anything I should know? Can someone please free me from this shame?


all of you filthy jackasses i hope you burn in hell
NETHACK is the one true game
MANGBAND is the one true MMORPG

all of y'all can fuck ya'selves if ya disagree
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2005, 01:52:39 am »

I hate to dissuade anyone from Roguelikes, but Mangband is a piece of crap and no lyin', or it was back in the day when I actually wanted other people intruding in my Angband experience.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2005, 02:31:59 am »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Well I'm about to unlock Kheldians, so maybe I'll roll one up on Champion and we can team sometime.

Mad awesome. I have quite a few friends on Champion, at least one of whom has Kheldian access too; I can always make a few calls and try to assemble a decent lowbie team.

Also, no offense, Bobby? But Mangband sux the coq. fuck*ng awful experience, and I do like me my *bands.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2005, 02:38:54 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Well I'm about to unlock Kheldians, so maybe I'll roll one up on Champion and we can team sometime.

Mad awesome. I have quite a few friends on Champion, at least one of whom has Kheldian access too; I can always make a few calls and try to assemble a decent lowbie team.

Also, no offense, Bobby? But Mangband sux the coq. fuck*ng awful experience, and I do like me my *bands.


I *SAID* Nethack was the One True Game. But then some fucktard would say "Oh, but it's not an MMORPG!" to which I'd have to point out the Mangband kicks WoW in the nuts.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2005, 02:44:54 am »

Mangband does not kick anything in the nuts except the poor sucker who tries to play it.

I wanted to like it, really I did.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2005, 02:47:48 am »

Bobby, have you ever even played a non-Mangband MMORPG? Furthermore, have you ever managed to play Mang for more than ten minutes? If so -- brave man.

(That said, TOME Online looked like a much larger and weirder trainwreck.)
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2005, 03:21:25 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Bobby, have you ever even played a non-Mangband MMORPG? Furthermore, have you ever managed to play Mang for more than ten minutes? If so -- brave man.

(That said, TOME Online looked like a much larger and weirder trainwreck.)


Mangband rocks my world. Nethack rocks it more because I hate other people.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 12:05:40 am »

I am dredging this post up again to point out two things

a) Nethack STILL is the hecka bomb doodle.

b) To all the WoW players out there:

EVERYBODY DANCE
LIKE THERE'S
QUEL'THALAS
IN YOUR PANTS

That is all.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 04:42:02 am »

This is exactly like listening to my little brother.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 05:17:10 am »

The only online game I play are ones where I can teabag people.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 11:16:34 am »

Does anyone around here still play WoW or CoH? I'm about to move to a place where I can get real honest to god's internet instead of this equivalent of a telegraph pole I'm currently connected to and I'm considering dipping my toe into the pool.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing God I'm Weak
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 02:54:40 pm »

Dammit! Why not start a new thread? I was all, "Holy shit, did Bozack come back?"
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up