Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05  (Read 10097 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 06:10:08 pm »

MORE LIE BOT, GOD DAMN YOU
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 06:35:52 pm »

More Dr. Andretti!  More Nightlife Mingus!  More Trouble Man and No-No.  More Satan.  More Johnny Cash.  More Robert Johnson.  More Edgar Allen Poe.  More Alex Trebek.

More Ray, Pat, Beef, Teador, Mr. Bear, Lyle, Phillippe, Molly, Tina, Todd, Vlad, Nice Pete, Showbiz and Chucklebot!

More Achewood!  More, More, More I Say!

It's all good!

I like the system where Chris picks out what's going to be in the strip and we laugh at it.  That's worked exceedingly well thus far and I say we stick with it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 08:13:17 pm »

No no, I wasn't saying that people have expressed that they don't like Todd - I was just saying that the number of people who posted something along the lines of "more todd!" didn't seem great enough to me to mock.

But hey, when does sarcasm at the expense of one's meal ticket need a reason?   (although I doubt that biting the hand that feeds an artist generally leads to better art)

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 08:33:01 pm »

While it is somewhat painful to be treated with disdain by one whom you admire and respect, I think Chris has the right to express his opinion of us as he likes.  However, I think my comments to Monkeybutter are still relevant.

Please forgive us for appreciating your work, Chris.  We are sad lonely people clinging together around the warm glow of something we share and enjoy in the vast cold world of the internet.  Terribly sorry if we have affronted you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 08:40:14 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

I like the system where Chris picks out what's going to be in the strip and we laugh at it.  


YES.

Except that there should be more Philippe.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

foolio

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2005, 10:07:38 pm »

Philippe is the third-best character in the history of Western fictional narrative, after

1) Winnie the Pooh
2) Stewie from Family Guy
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 02:44:09 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Please forgive us for appreciating your work, Chris.  We are sad lonely people clinging together around the warm glow of something we share and enjoy in the vast cold world of the internet.  Terribly sorry if we have affronted you.


Don't be a pussy.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2005, 02:50:54 am »

Roast Beef is left-handed.

Or at least he plays the guitar so.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2005, 02:54:25 am »

Youall are just annoyed that it's funny when he makes fun of us.  

Now can we all please play nice?  I just remembered that I was mistaken when I said that I missed the old days.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2005, 03:03:09 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Youall are just annoyed that it's funny when he makes fun of us.  

Now can we all please play nice?  I just remembered that I was mistaken when I said that I missed the old days.


I think it's cool to make fun of us. No one should apologize for liking something.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2005, 03:35:56 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Youall are just annoyed that it's funny when he makes fun of us.  


is chris even making fun of us?  

faux ironic first post yada-yada, on his second first post in as many days.  interpreted as an attempt to achieve community, while still maintaining a "hip" distance.

"i don't get this strip" interpreted as a rather funny, contextually, comment to, perhaps, diminish reader's anxieties on not understanding every nuance of the achewood universe.  the author doesn't understand it all either.

"meh" interpreted as direct dig at jough.  my, maybe chris _is_ attempting community.

not quite sure how to interpret the shoe sentence.  is chris making a dig at the community aspect of the non-achewood of the achewood message board?  or, in a rare sense of optimism from me, is he attempting to join into that community?

i'll bite:
hey chris, what tennis shoes did you use to wear in high school that you tenuously remember?

and to further the end:
i got awesome shoes for christmas.  i was not aware that Doc Martin made a sole less thick, but they do, and it kicks the ass.  these are the nicest pair of shoes, looks wise, i've ever owned.  _and_ they are as comfy as any other doc.

"todd"
interpreted as bringing up a character he is fond of that he has not spoken of lately.

now, quick, someone say something about the weather, so that i might interpret that.

currently:
it's raining.
interpretation, literal and figurative:
i'm all wet.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2005, 04:49:56 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Youall are just annoyed that it's funny when he makes fun of us.  


Not exactly.  If Chris is going to post on this forum (since this is the only forum he seems to post on), he's fair game like anybody else.  While he should not be subjected to cheap shots neither should he be sacrosanct.  Just like anybody else, if he makes fun of me I'll return the favor.  Surely Chris's fragile artistic ego can handle the slings and arrows of mere fanboys on a message board.  If not he shouldn't dish it out.

Also, since Chris is soon to be a Dad, I was trying to give him the benefit of my ~14 years of parenting experience.  Guilt can be a highly effective tool.

Finally, Hey Ark, where you been lately?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2005, 04:50:49 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "wombat"
Youall are just annoyed that it's funny when he makes fun of us.  

Now can we all please play nice?  I just remembered that I was mistaken when I said that I missed the old days.


I think it's cool to make fun of us. No one should apologize for liking something.


I have a feeling that the author was stoned out of his gourd when he came up with the initial doodles for this "country ladies" strip.  Way outta left field.  Not unfunny, mind you.  Even that first post of self-deprication smacks of a gentle weed-induced paranoia.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2005, 04:52:44 am »

Quote from: "arkabee"
interpreted as an attempt to achieve community, while still maintaining a "hip" distance.


If he is truly to be a member of this community, I believe I have the same right to give him shit as:

a) he has to give me; and
b) I have to give anybody else who posts here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2005, 04:57:57 am »

I think it is funny that Chris, who is in a unique position to post a thread about that day's strip prior to the strip even being posted, seemed excited by being the first one to post.

It's like making up a game by yourself in the back alley and then getting excited when you "win."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up