Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05  (Read 10066 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2005, 05:14:56 am »

Hey, Ark, can you find the shoes on the Doc Martin website? I'm always up for KEWL NEW SHOEZ.

Anyway, if Onstad does want to join, I'd love it. CHRIS WHAT ARE YOU READING?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2005, 05:29:02 am »

I confess that I don't understand why Onstad reads or posts if he has such apparent disdain for the board and its readers, but, well, that's his right. Just you read anything you want, Mr. Onstad, and the good lord will provide.

I, too, want cool shoes. Doesn't everyone, really?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2005, 05:29:52 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Anyway, if Onstad does want to join, I'd love it. CHRIS WHAT ARE YOU READING?


I second this.  CHRIS WHAT ARE YOU READING?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2005, 05:33:53 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I, too, want cool shoes. Doesn't everyone, really?


My first priority in this area is comfort.  Coolness and/or appearance benefits are just a highly welcome bonus.  I will confess a bewildering fondness for cowboy boots, Birkenstocks and those commie slippers with the rubber soles.  And Chucks (esp. red ones), of course.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2005, 07:11:09 am »

INDIFFERENCE AND CAPS LOCK
...together at last
(when in season; ask server for availability)

I actually thought that the last panel was a wicked skewer, but it's two thousand and fuck*ng five and I don't want to be shipped off to Divider Camp.
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2005, 09:42:45 am »

dudes and ladies got mad speculation,

some are hell of lachrymose,

some had hell of types of shoes.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2005, 02:40:57 pm »

God, some of you people are thin-skinned.  It never occurred to me that Chris might be making fun, rather than just having fun until some people started whining about it.

Get the fuck over yourselves, you know who you are.

EDITED by V to un-break the i tags around "having"
Logged

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2005, 03:13:46 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
God, some of you people are thin-skinned.  It never occurred to me that Chris might be making fun, rather than just [/i]having[/i] fun until some people started whining about it.

Get the fuck over yourselves, you know who you are.


Amen to that.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2005, 03:53:34 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
God, some of you people are thin-skinned.  It never occurred to me that Chris might be making fun, rather than just [/i]having[/i] fun until some people started whining about it.

Get the fuck over yourselves, you know who you are.


Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Chris Onstad wrote:
Always Be Telling People What Kind Of Cereal You Eat Or Used To Eat


 


All Being Disdainful Of The Biggest Fans Of Your Creative Work
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2005, 04:22:09 pm »

I said PLAY NICE.

Really, you are all such willing partici##### in the nefarious psychological experiment that Onstad is obviously conducting upon us.  It would be amusing except that as much as I love you all, I don't trust it not to get out of hand.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2005, 04:59:54 pm »

*ahem*

I agree with those who say that the last panel is a total work of genius. I sort of want to print it out and hang it up, but it makes no sense removed from the strip context, and the strip context makes no sense if removed from the general Achewood context. ("Wait, why are the cats dressing up like country music stars? Why does one of the cats have a thong? Whaaat?")

Damn context, always defeating me in the end!

also, can't we all just get along. I mean, seriously
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2005, 05:16:51 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
*ahem*

I agree with those who say that the last panel is a total work of genius. I sort of want to print it out and hang it up, but it makes no sense removed from the strip context, and the strip context makes no sense if removed from the general Achewood context. ("Wait, why are the cats dressing up like country music stars? Why does one of the cats have a thong? Whaaat?")

Damn context, always defeating me in the end!

also, can't we all just get along. I mean, seriously

Plus it's not the richest nation in the history of the world. I mean ATLANTIS! Hello! Stupid head.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2005, 05:33:56 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
I said PLAY NICE.

Really, you are all such willing partici##### in the nefarious psychological experiment that Onstad is obviously conducting upon us.  It would be amusing except that as much as I love you all, I don't trust it not to get out of hand.


Yeah, but if Chris is going to go to all the trouble of conducting a nefarious psychological experiment on us, who are we not to participate?

/hears bell ring
//drools
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2005, 05:34:35 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
*ahem*

I agree with those who say that the last panel is a total work of genius. I sort of want to print it out and hang it up, but it makes no sense removed from the strip context, and the strip context makes no sense if removed from the general Achewood context. ("Wait, why are the cats dressing up like country music stars? Why does one of the cats have a thong? Whaaat?")

Damn context, always defeating me in the end!

also, can't we all just get along. I mean, seriously

Plus it's not the richest nation in the history of the world. I mean ATLANTIS! Hello! Stupid head.


CJ, You..Are..Rad.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2005, 05:35:59 pm »

i hate flash sites.  they are a pain and make life more difficult to live.  the shoes are "8b65" in bark.  the pic on drmartens.com doesn't look right, maybe it's the lighting, the color is off.

lachrymose.  nice word.  i like learning new words.  i especially like words that  have opposing definitions.

asherdan- your interpretation of chris's first post finely interprets far superiorly my previous interpretation.

AW- these shoes are very comfy.  they are "low", like a "dress shoe", which is normally "not my thing".  so, given that i'm somewhat uncomfortable in a "Dress shoe", these are very comfy.  the soles/insoles are like walking on a massuese all day, without the whining.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up