Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05  (Read 10067 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2005, 05:38:48 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
AW- these shoes are very comfy.  they are "low", like a "dress shoe", which is normally "not my thing".  so, given that i'm somewhat uncomfortable in a "Dress shoe", these are very comfy.  the soles/insoles are like walking on a massuese all day, without the whining.


I've never had Doc Martens, but Mrs. West had a pair that she loved and lost.  Oh the heartbreak!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2005, 06:03:59 pm »

And it's all blicky blicky blicky . . .




Anyway, Beef's Patsy is only about one hundred times better than Ray's Loretta. I guess dovetailing with the comment about tryng with the boots and wig, and not trying vis-a-vis the medallion and thong; I just enjoyed that Beef looks a great deal more like Patsy Cline than a cartoon of a cat ought to. Light years better. I don't mean to belabor, but Beef is born to this.

In addition, much like the rest of Onstad's work, the starter post of this thread is funny. And the fact that he is cutting people off at the pass to start threads about his own comic makes it just that much funnier. And the fact that he is doing a gentle parody of thread-starters puts butter and syrup on the joke.

Also, much of the above is nearly unintelligible, as I've lately returned home and I'm never any good to anyone for the first little bit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2005, 06:20:05 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Anyway, Beef's Patsy is only about one hundred times better than Ray's Loretta. I guess dovetailing with the comment about tryng with the boots and wig, and not trying vis-a-vis the medallion and thong; I just enjoyed that Beef looks a great deal more like Patsy Cline than a cartoon of a cat ought to. Light years better. I don't mean to belabor, but Beef is born to this.


I agree.  I was talking with my sister about how eerily accurate and recognizable a rendition of Patsy Cline's hair that is.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2005, 06:25:49 pm »

My pair of Doc Martens, after several years of being beaten up anyway, have finally had a really unfortunate encounter with a swamp and may in fact have ended their utility. I'm pondering a new pair, now, but would really like them to have better traction; strangely enough, my old pair was really, really slippery on ice, to the point that I stopped wearing them in winter. Any advice?

(The off-topicness is going on 'cause it's funny, and at this point it's intertwined too much with the actual thread, so whoa.)
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2005, 07:01:18 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Va"
God, some of you people are thin-skinned.  It never occurred to me that Chris might be making fun, rather than just [/i]having[/i] fun until some people started whining about it.

Get the fuck over yourselves, you know who you are.


Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Chris Onstad wrote:
Always Be Telling People What Kind Of Cereal You Eat Or Used To Eat


All Being Disdainful Of The Biggest Fans Of Your Creative Work


So I was wrong.  Apparently Onstad is a dick.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2005, 07:19:01 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
My pair of Doc Martens, after several years of being beaten up anyway, have finally had a really unfortunate encounter with a swamp and may in fact have ended their utility. I'm pondering a new pair, now, but would really like them to have better traction; strangely enough, my old pair was really, really slippery on ice, to the point that I stopped wearing them in winter. Any advice?

(The off-topicness is going on 'cause it's funny, and at this point it's intertwined too much with the actual thread, so whoa.)


get some small, rounded-head, phillips bit crews, and screw them into the bottom of the soles.  the rounded heads will not sink below the surface level, and the phillips "grooves" will give traction.

note: you can use diff screw-types, you get the gyst: don't count-sink or use something that won't stick up.

note2: this will fuck up flooring something awful, so be kind and take them off indoors.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2005, 07:43:51 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Custom traction devices.


This can also be unpredictable depending on the surace you are on, so as always, be careful and extra aware when walking/hiking/climbing. People often do themselves serious injuries when traversing seemingly innocuous surfaces.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2005, 07:49:31 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Va"
God, some of you people are thin-skinned.  It never occurred to me that Chris might be making fun, rather than just [/i]having[/i] fun until some people started whining about it.

Get the fuck over yourselves, you know who you are.


Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Chris Onstad wrote:
Always Be Telling People What Kind Of Cereal You Eat Or Used To Eat


All Being Disdainful Of The Biggest Fans Of Your Creative Work


So I was wrong.  Apparently Onstad is a dick.


Va, You..Are..Rad.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2005, 08:10:51 pm »

Why is 'dick' an insult, anyway?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2005, 08:12:55 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Why is 'dick' an insult, anyway?


You're the cunning linguist, you tell us.

Sorry, I guess I'm being a dick.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2005, 08:17:00 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "wombat"
Why is 'dick' an insult, anyway?


You're the cunning linguist, you tell us.



You know, if I'd ever been the kind of linguist that studied anything that interesting, maybe I wouldn't have given it up to be an unemployed poopscooper.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2005, 08:35:41 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Why is 'dick' an insult, anyway?


"...a clear distinction between the language of taboo, the language of abuse (invective), and the language of swearing. The three may overlap or coincide: to call someone a shit is to use a taboo word as a term of abuse, and if said with enough emotional force would be considered an act of swearing."

-Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language, p. 173

So basically and in theory, no one likes to be reminded of their genitals.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2005, 08:38:02 pm »

That's crap - I love to be reminded of my genitals.


God how I miss them.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2005, 08:40:19 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
That's crap - I love to be reminded of my genitals.

God how I miss them.


Well, if you'd quit fuck*ng around on the internet and finish unpacking, you could have that little jar back on your desk in thirty minutes, an hour tops.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Ladies' Music Revue 1/5/05
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2005, 08:45:08 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
That's crap - I love to be reminded of my genitals.

God how I miss them.


Well, if you'd quit fuck*ng around on the internet and finish unpacking, you could have that little jar back on your desk in thirty minutes, an hour tops.


You think I don't have anything? The only problem is everything I have in this situation is so hackneyed, if I posted it I'd have to disappear for six months again.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up