Anything by Haruki Murukami - again, just the finest fiction ever written! Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World being probably the best, though Wind Up Bird Chronicles is a close second. Well worth checking out, though the Japanese style of writing is quite unique and can put people off. I guess you either love it or hate it.
I double this recommendation ...
Norwegian Wood is my absolute favourite out of all of them though - probably cause I somehow related in a way; it reminded me of someone.
After the Quake (the short stories collection) was pretty good, too.
---
As of now I'm reading
Why Girls Are Weird by Pamela Ribon (she writes
Squishy and the novel is somewhat based on that). I'd recommend this to anyone who relates to the internet really though it's about journalling specifically. I'm only to page 118, but I can tell I will enjoy it to the very end.
A few other authors I read are Margaret Atwood, Eggers, Nick Hornby, Tom Robbins, Amy Tan, and Sue Townsend (it's all about Adrian Mole!).
I have 12 books in queue to read after the current, too (not counting all the manga I've collected that I have yet to get to yet).
Harry Potter I've had for a year and still haven't read the first book; I did have a dream recently that I started it and Harry was my new best friend; um yeah. I may have to read those next just so my brain stops giving me strange subconscious ideas.