Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: August 14th Variety Hour  (Read 8228 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
August 14th Variety Hour
« on: August 14, 2003, 07:13:08 am »

I was just checking to see if this week's atrocity was posted yet and I noticed that the "Visual Euphamisms for Sex" which used to have about a dozen entried (most lame) are now down to only four.

It's much funnier this way.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 01:05:20 pm »

Hmmm.  A frou-frou drink and a recipe for ribs that I could have gotten from my boss....

THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

junk

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 01:20:04 pm »

well at least its better than whipping zoo. like a million times better. plus that drink does look pretty cool.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 02:36:38 pm »

Dang people! Print out the page and paste it into your Achewood cookbook. It's 2 extra recipies for free.

Although I still don't quite understand how the spoon goes.
Logged

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
crock
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 03:36:50 pm »

Onstad’s obsession with cooking confounds me.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 03:49:29 pm »

I'm a big fan of the Neapolitan drink.  Can't wait to get my booze money together and try it.  And the ribs recipe, OK fine.  I don't cook ribs often but I might try it sometime.  

If you ask me, new recipes are hella better than not-funny contributions from Onstad's frat brothers.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 04:03:43 pm »

That Napolitan Shooter is a thing of beauty.

You people are so unappreciative.  Two new recipes and somehow that doesn't constitute entertainment for you?

Ingrates.

This week's installment was 1000 times better than last weeks.  Now all we have to do is hope that the 'stad doesn't post a theme song for the recipies next week.

Of course, there is the Achewood songfight to look forward to.  Or not.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 04:09:00 pm »

So... uh, apparently the Variety Hour isn't about humor? Odd. Somewhere I got the impression that achewood.com was turning into an Onstad Humor site. Yes, the Neopolitan recipe, as related by Ray, was somewhat amusing, but the other was very, very meh.

Recipes are fine and all, but I can make up my own. In fact, people rave about my stuffing, my potatoes, my from-scratch pizza, and my frittata.

Maybe I'm an ingrate, but it's just because expectations have not been properly laid out since the format change.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

The Wonderous Me

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2003, 04:45:18 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I'm a big fan of the Neapolitan drink.  Can't wait to get my booze money together and try it.  And the ribs recipe, OK fine.  I don't cook ribs often but I might try it sometime.  

If you ask me, new recipes are hella better than not-funny contributions from Onstad's frat brothers.


Hey wait a minute... the Variety hour from the 7th didn't have any recipes in it, that is the one from 8-14-03!  Sheesh and I get fussed at for posting without a date and you all go on about last weeks variety hour with this weeks content!  ARGH!!   :D
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2003, 04:53:08 pm »

Is that better?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

The Wonderous Me

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2003, 04:58:28 pm »

Yay!! I were right about something.. once... I'll try not to let it happen again.. maybe..

Oh, yeah, and to keep on topic. The drink looks ok, but that's kind of an odd color combination. And I might like to see a neopolitan in taste simular to the ice cream instead of just the colors.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2003, 05:39:21 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
You people are so unappreciative.  Two new recipes and somehow that doesn't constitute entertainment for you?



Um, sorry, but not really. I expect humor from Achewood, not girlie drinks and run of the mill barbeque recipes.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2003, 05:50:07 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Um, sorry, but not really. I expect humor from Achewood, not girlie drinks and run of the mill barbeque recipes.

This suggests that you should either adjust your expectations to match what is occurring in the real world, or just stop being a cock.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

The Wonderous Me

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2003, 05:56:22 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Um, sorry, but not really. I expect humor from Achewood, not girlie drinks and run of the mill barbeque recipes.


Hey, I didn't even think about that.. My last recipe(if you can call throwing a dash/splash of anything sounding good into the marinade) had peanut butter in it.. that's more risky than his..  I've also used Cider Jack beer(a pretty tasty drink on it's own, and good to marinate with)
Logged

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
August 14th Variety Hour
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2003, 06:10:27 pm »

The shooter looks horrid.  Have you people ever had that "tequila rose" shit?  You buy "tequila rose" shots for those pantywaste aquaintences of yours who whine they don't want knock back a glass of anejo with you.  It's to strong, boo-hoo-hoo.  Then you laugh as they gag on the horridness of it.

But the ribs sound good.  That's interesting... using sriracha as a sauce base.  I've become a fan of the kansas city style ribs, personally, you know, all honey goodness and oh god ribs

I do have a complaint, though.  Fuck grilling, we want the 4-hour 'que party.  You know.  Bank those flames, baby.  Go in for the long haul.  Only people who drink "tequila rose" boil their ribs.

Er, I was saying.  Someone asked what Onstad's obsession with food is.  I think it's rather obvious--he's got strong hedonistic impluses.  Food and drink.  Drink and food.  Add sex to that mix, you know, to burn off those extra calories, and you've got a damn fine lifestyle.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up