Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A little help...  (Read 12552 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
A little help...
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2005, 09:01:33 pm »

God DAMMIT, I had everyones avatar memorized! Now I have to LEARN.
Mine is pretty tame, though. Hmmmmm...
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
A little help...
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2005, 02:23:03 am »

I don't even look at your user names anymore - I just associate all of your posts with your avatars and maybe some nicknames - like I don't even remember Bozak's board handle - I think it has numbers and stuff - but if he ever changed that avatar I'd think he were someone new.

I also recognize Limmo's various avatars as being him all the time even though they change because he always (usually?) uses cool album covers.

Also, enjoy the christmas-themed forum logo because tomorrow (the day after "little christmas" it's coming down and the board will look all un-festive and stuff again.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
A little help...
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2005, 02:28:09 am »

Well, I hope the transition from tofu to ominous crystal skulls isn't too rough for you, Jough.
I just sort of suddenly realized that that avatar made me look like a person who has an interest in anime, and although I harbour no resentment against that type of person, it is not a category to which I belong.
Apparently I do belong in the ominous crystal skull category though... points to ponder.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
A little help...
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2005, 02:57:43 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"

I just sort of suddenly realized that that avatar made me look like a person who has an interest in anime, and although I harbour no resentment against that type of person, it is not a category to which I belong.


Um, is there some connection between tofu and anime that I am unaware of?   More than the connection between, say, sushi and anime or broiled eel and anime?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
A little help...
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2005, 03:13:59 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "andalucia"

I just sort of suddenly realized that that avatar made me look like a person who has an interest in anime, and although I harbour no resentment against that type of person, it is not a category to which I belong.

Um, is there some connection between tofu and anime that I am unaware of?   More than the connection between, say, sushi and anime or broiled eel and anime?

It was a drawing of tofu and the style of the drawing was anime-esque. It reminded me of FLCL.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
A little help...
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2005, 04:24:18 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I don't even look at your user names anymore - I just associate all of your posts with your avatars and maybe some nicknames.


That doesn't beg a question, but it certainly invites a question as to what posts from me seemed to be - dispatches from beyond? I think I am probably the only regular around here who didn't have an avatar.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
A little help...
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2005, 06:25:30 am »

I'm not sure what the gaping fangs of a stack of pancakes says about you either.  I think I preferred the void.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
A little help...
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2005, 04:06:06 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Also, enjoy the christmas-themed forum logo because tomorrow (the day after "little christmas" it's coming down and the board will look all un-festive and stuff again.


Didn't you say something about a brand spanking new logo once the Christmas season ended?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
A little help...
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2005, 04:14:40 pm »

As of 8:09 am PST we are still rocking the Christmas spirit. Also, I'm actually going to make some attempt to think about an avatar that is reflective of me in some way. Maybe I can find one that isn't very cool, in opposition to the other avatars here. Hmmmmmm . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
A little help...
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 04:34:48 pm »

Yeah, once my work is done for the day I'll finish the new logo and put it up instead of the christmas one.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
A little help...
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 04:37:33 pm »

I, for one, am curious as all get out.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
A little help...
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 05:27:55 pm »

I don't mean to build it up too much - it's just like the old logo, only I've squeezed some extra characters into it.

GET READY FOR DISAPPOINTMENT

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
A little help...
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2005, 05:46:09 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I don't mean to build it up too much - it's just like the old logo, only I've squeezed some extra characters into it.

GET READY FOR DISAPPOINTMENT

Whoo disappointment!

And I just noticed your new title, which is vaguely creepy.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
A little help...
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2005, 05:54:17 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I don't mean to build it up too much - it's just like the old logo, only I've squeezed some extra characters into it.

GET READY FOR DISAPPOINTMENT


Well, if one of the new characters isn't Arthur, disappointment here I come!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
A little help...
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2005, 06:06:15 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "jough"
I don't even look at your user names anymore - I just associate all of your posts with your avatars and maybe some nicknames.


That doesn't beg a question, but it certainly invites a question as to what posts from me seemed to be - dispatches from beyond? I think I am probably the only regular around here who didn't have an avatar.


All your posts seem like dispatches from beyond for me, but then, since I have no idea what Nabubrush means, I long ago subsituted it in my brain with Nanabush, a prominant Aboriginal "trickster" - type spiritual figure.  

An elder told me a really bizarre story about the origin of sight problems in humans:  Nanabush saw a bunch of birds lying on their backs and laughing, and when he went over to ask them what they were doing, they showed him how they could lie there and pop their eyes out of their heads, shoot them into the air, have them spin around, then fall back into their heads.  But they told Nanabush that this was something he was not supposed to do and warned him not to try it- that only birds were supposed to do it.  So, wanting to have some fun, Nanabush went off away from the birds lay down on the ground and popped his eyes out of his head, and shot them into the air, but instead of them falling back into his head, they fell on the ground.  So his eyes were rolling around on the ground getting leaves and dirt stuck to them.  The birds heard him crying out, so the flew over, and saw him groaping around.  So they helped him pick up his eyes and get them back into his head, but they were dirty and scratched up, so that's why people need glasses.

Did you do that Nabubrush?  It's totally your fault.  It's all  your fault.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up