I'm going to cover two minor things that bug me, and you folks can let me know what you think or not:
1) I don't follow baseball. Recently, I saw something on ESPN where they were talking baseball, and they said "over 9 games, (some pitcher) had a record of 7 and 1". I'm not looking for an explanation of this. I'm saying any sport in which you can have a record that which doesn't equal the actual number of games played is nonsensical.
2) I was reading Alaska Airlines in-flight magazine this time home, and there was an article about a chocolate exhibit at a museum in San Diego (off-topic: the wife and I saw this very same exhibit last year, here in PDX). So, in this article, they discussed how at one time, the cacao bean was so valuable, it was used as money. Sources also use this same phrase when talking about salt, and they bring up that the word salary has the same root as the word salt. So, all these things were so valuable they were used as money . . . well, little bits of copper are so valuable to us, they are used as money. For pity's sake, there's no reference to the unit! The phrase is meaningless!
Yes, sometimes I get a little too worked up. I'm not sure I have the dosage dialed in yet. I just had these two unrelated things that were bothering me, and I thought I would put them right here. Thank you.