Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Poll

Off the cuff opinion:

That's nuts.
- 3 (18.8%)
Who don't eat meat? It's chili, for Christ's sakes.
- 5 (31.3%)
I'm not like the others. I like the same things you do.
- 4 (25%)
Someone keeps talking about Cowboy Neal.
- 4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: January 06, 2005, 07:55:38 pm


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili  (Read 12154 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2005, 09:39:24 pm »

I feel obliged to say that without beans, as well as their bretheren lentils and rice, I am not sure what I would have eaten this year.
It's pretty much impossible to be a vegetarian on a student budget and not eat like that... but I like it.
I may well attempt this meal.
Logged
goose means greedy

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2005, 09:46:20 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
spices make up the other dollar.


in ancient times spices were so valuable they were used as currency.

or so i've heard...

AW, do you live near the new museum in KY with the historical museumness showing human beings coexisting with dinosaurs?  

chili, in my head, is my dad's horrible concoction, which has kidney beans, overly large stewed tomatoes from a can, and is always on elbow macaroni.

i was amazed at the cincinati area notion of chili that has no beans and that is served on SPAGHETTI noodles.

steak and shake's chili seems to not have beans in it.

until this thread, i never really got the notion that chili would have chilis in it.  my dad's horrible concoction just used some piss-poor chili powder that was on the sale rack from 80 years and thus tasted "dusty" as opposed to "spicey".
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2005, 09:50:48 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I make better chili than ALL OF YOU.  And I will give away the secret.


So now you're talking shit about my wife? I'LL CUT YOU!


Also, Ark is like a little wire that transmits electricity to the laughter portion of my brain sometimes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2005, 09:52:09 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
AW, do you live near the new museum in KY with the historical museumness showing human beings coexisting with dinosaurs?  


Sssshhhwha?  I'm gonna have to go Google that now.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2005, 09:54:14 pm »

About 80 miles or so.  It's up by Cincinnati.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2005, 09:56:49 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "arkabee"
AW, do you live near the new museum in KY with the historical museumness showing human beings coexisting with dinosaurs?  


Sssshhhwha?  I'm gonna have to go Google that now.


http://www.answersingenesis.org/museum/walkthrough/

http://www.answersingenesis.org/museum/walkthrough/displaypic.asp?PhotoID=19

"T. rex—the real king of the beasts. That’s the terror that Adam’s sin unleashed! You’ll run into this monster lurking near Adam and Eve. How’s this possible? Find out soon!"
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 10:49:31 pm »

If anyone does try this, I'd appreciate further comments. Also. if you try it and it makes you think of things that I might like, let me know.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2005, 11:45:12 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
If it wasn't for pig statues everywhere I'd almost have a soft spot in my heart for the place.


There's something wrong with pig statues everywhere?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2005, 11:47:26 pm »

Do you mean "something wrong with having pig statues everywhere" or "something wrong with every pig statue"?

Oh, you knew it was going to happen.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 01:05:11 am »

I like Skyline Chili.  Philosophically I am agin cinammon in chili, but hey the stuff tastes good.  Maybe they just shouldn't call it chili.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 01:38:02 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Do you mean "something wrong with having pig statues everywhere" or "something wrong with every pig statue"?



I love you Nabu, but even more than I hate beans do I hate being reminded of first year graduate school semantics and syntax classes and then wasting  even more precious seconds of my life figuring out which category this distinction would fall under before I remember I DON'T GIVE A FLYING F***.

PIG STATUES ARE GOOD.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 01:42:28 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
PIG STATUES ARE GOOD.

I don't really see how they can be much worse than multicolored statues of donkeys, pandas, and elephants all over.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2005, 03:10:43 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
PIG STATUES ARE GOOD.


I know the guy who made these:

http://www.bergbronze.com/gallery/philbert.htm
http://www.bergbronze.com/gallery/psupigs.htm
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2005, 04:27:55 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Do you mean "something wrong with having pig statues everywhere" or "something wrong with every pig statue"?



I love you Nabu, but even more than I hate beans do I hate being reminded of first year graduate school semantics and syntax classes and then wasting  even more precious seconds of my life figuring out which category this distinction would fall under before I remember I DON'T GIVE A FLYING F***.

PIG STATUES ARE GOOD.


I'll be honest, there are times when I feel like a bad person for having my brain sort things like this out and look at different sides of them. Pretty much every time I do. But I like things like this, and that's why I bring them up.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
My wife's crazy awesome veggie chili
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2005, 04:30:50 am »

I'm glad to see we have an informed and involved electorate. There's 250 of you people out there, some 40 of you with 100 posts or so. Vote, God Damn It!






We had it left over this evening - it was twice as good!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up