FOUR THUMBS UP! (The S.O. liked it too.)
I honestly preferred your veggie chili to the one we made a while back, but for comparison purposes, I'll post our recipe here, from
this book:
Chipotle-Kissed Red Bean and Sweet Potato Chili
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 large garlic clove, chopped
1 Tbsp chili powder, or more to taste
1 1/2 lbs. Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 15.5 oz. can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups water
Salt
1 Tbsp minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, or to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium head. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic, cover, cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and cook for 30 seconds. Add the sweet potatoes and stir to coat with the spices.
2. Transfer the mixture to a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, beans, and water, season with salt, cover adn cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
3. When ready to serve, stir the chipotles into the chili. Taste to adjust the seasonings.
So it's very close to yours, minus some spices and veggies that I think really improved yours, and with sweet potatoes instead of non-sweet potatoes. I did like the adobo chilis in this, and next time I make yours will probably chuck in some of those too. Also, the longer cooking time made the chunks of potatoes in this recipe just completely fall apart, and the chili ended up with more of a thick chili consistency than yours did. Still, I'd have to say I preferred yours.