Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Desktop Wallpaper  (Read 4733 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Desktop Wallpaper
« on: January 10, 2005, 06:11:44 pm »

I'm sick of the plain ol' blue.  Suggestions?

Keep in mind this is for my office computer - no nudies, or rudies please!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 06:21:26 pm »

I can't find a link to the larger version that I have online, but my wallpaper is   this still from the Cremaster Cycle.
Before that, I had a picture from an urban exploration site of a guy in a suit standing on a railing atop a building, with the Chrysler Building in the background.
Generally, I find desktop wallpaper sites to be hell of not worth the browsing time, so whenever I come across a snazzy image of the correct dimensions, I save it.

Edit:  I realize that this is profoundly not-that-useful re: your particular situation.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 06:26:30 pm »

I tend to set my background to black first of all, then use any image I like, as long as it is centered and not going to hit the edge of the screen. I hate images behind icons!
Trouble Man and No-No were there for a while.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 06:34:28 pm »

I bust T + NN pretty regular-like.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 07:07:47 pm »

Images behind icons can bug me but it depends. I generally go for abstract backgrounds as icon-erference bothers me less with those. Or I'm really in the mood for some kind of branded promotional wallpaper I pick ones that have a kind of letterbox effect and keep my icons in the negative space.

Actually, I almost started a thread just like this, as my standard backdrop looks hella lame on my new display.
Logged

monkeybutter

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 07:13:08 pm »

the Phillippe background downloadable from achewood.com!!!
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 10:17:03 pm »

I have this as my background right now.  Many of Sam's fine drawings make for good backgrounds, I think.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 11:25:35 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
I have this as my background right now.  Many of Sam's fine drawings make for good backgrounds, I think.


Yes yes yes. I like this one.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 11:38:07 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
I have this as my background right now.  Many of Sam's fine drawings make for good backgrounds, I think.


Yea. I had the "Trojan on your computer" one for a while. Joe Sorren paintings are good too.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 01:24:31 am »

Robert Williams might be too busy, I guess.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 03:04:53 pm »

My current backdrop is second base.  A number of nice ones on that site.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 06:49:33 pm »

My current backdrop is utterly predictable.  

ETA: And a little small when you open it.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 10:51:49 pm »

use a demotivator pic?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 11:03:05 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
My current backdrop is utterly predictable.  

ETA: And a little small when you open it.


The first time I tried to open it, it said "server error" and I thought "that is predictable".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Desktop Wallpaper
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2005, 03:48:46 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
I have this as my background right now.  Many of Sam's fine drawings make for good backgrounds, I think.


Yea. I had the "Trojan on your computer" one for a while. Joe Sorren paintings are good too.


Wow, I'd never heard of Joe Sorren before - very cool! Reminds me of Mark Ryden.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up