Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: signed glossy loveliness.  (Read 6658 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« on: January 11, 2005, 09:45:01 am »

dammit, am i tempted by that.
printed collections first though, i think...

anyone else gonna jump on this and order instantly?
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 11:01:39 am »

Thanks for thinking of the new signed strip prints in such a positive light.

These frameable strips don't serve the same ends as a printed collection, I must say. They're for display, a bit of solid show-off and collectibility. I was once resoundingly not-hired by a guy with original Ren and Stimpy celluloid cells on his office wall. It was luscious, it was succulent and delicious. Perhaps someday you will be this famous man, with the fancy obscurist art on his wall, not hiring the idiot who couldn't locate the FORM tag with both hands.

If you would excuse me please I have just received another enticing email from PEE PEE TEENS and must go. You will surely understand.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 02:37:13 pm »

I think this is a great idea, Chris.  I'm sure you'll sell a lot of them.  I'll be buying some soon.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 02:58:35 pm »

I think I shall buy four or six of them and arrange them in a pattern on a wall of my home.  I think maybe I should pick strips from the same story arc, or strips with the same theme (Lyle giving the finger, Todd, dick jokes) or the least similar/most random strips possible just so I can watch the reactions of my guests as they read my new artwork.  

Then I will take a picture of those reactions, print them out on heavy, glossy stock and sell them to Chris Onstad.

QUESTION FOR 'STAD: Will these prints be limited in any way?  Or are you more than happy to print a million copies of a particular edition if that's what we, the American Public, demand?
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 03:57:42 pm »

As my girlfriend and I get closer to buying a house, our plans are coming forth to make sure we get a place we can build a home bar in. When this comes through, I can definitely see Teodor and Cornelius's taste test strip (my all-time favorite) featured prominently on the bar wall.

As the young urban youth have been known to say these days, "This is exactly the very item we have been presently speaking of."
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 04:20:58 pm »

Quote from: "superock101"
QUESTION FOR 'STAD: Will these prints be limited in any way?  Or are you more than happy to print a million copies of a particular edition if that's what we, the American Public, demand?

My thoughts exactly. Also is the entire archive available, even alternates such as "rad chilis" or "6oz of Fuck You Ray"
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 04:29:17 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"

If you would excuse me please I have just received another enticing email from PEE PEE TEENS and must go. You will surely understand.


Must go, or must go? Can you be rendered incontinent by POO POO NYMPHETS?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 04:33:18 pm »

I think the reason that people buy animation cells partially is that they're all one of a kind, hand-drawn originals.

Or are you re-drawing the strips for each of these you sell?

I think it's a great idea but basically are you just printing out a strip on your inkjet and signing it?

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 04:40:58 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I think the reason that people buy animation cells partially is that they're all one of a kind, hand-drawn originals.

Or are you re-drawing the strips for each of these you sell?

I think it's a great idea but basically are you just printing out a strip on your inkjet and signing it?


He said they'd be "high-resolution strips...printed from the original artwork files."  Looks like we're getting some quality prints rather than anything one-of-a-kind.  He has told us how to contact him regarding custom/commission work, so there's always that route if you simply must let people know that you love Achewood and have several hundred dollars to spend on cartoons.
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 09:21:02 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I think it's a great idea but basically are you just printing out a strip on your inkjet and signing it?


These are definitely not inkjet printouts. I bought a special high-end laser printer which does a great job of outputting the crisp line art and halftones. We also researched paper and found a nice, heavy 8pt gloss cover stock.  

Why must you always assume the worst of everyone and everything? It's a pretty miserable way to go.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 09:34:24 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Quote from: "jough"
I think it's a great idea but basically are you just printing out a strip on your inkjet and signing it?


These are definitely not inkjet printouts. I bought a special high-end laser printer which does a great job of outputting the crisp line art and halftones. We also researched paper and found a nice, heavy 8pt gloss cover stock.  

Why must you always assume the worst of everyone and everything? It's a pretty miserable way to go.


Kind of off topic, but will there be a strip today?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 09:51:29 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Kind of off topic, but will there be a strip today?

I find this sentence, in this forum, to be entertainingly surreal.
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 10:52:41 pm »

Quote from: "superock101"
QUESTION FOR 'STAD: Will these prints be limited in any way?  Or are you more than happy to print a million copies of a particular edition if that's what we, the American Public, demand?


My name is not "'stad," dear friends.

These prints are not limited in any way. The silkscreens will be, but not the signed strips.

Re: "will there be a strip today?" Yes. I was born with all the strips I will ever produce already in my ovaries, but sometimes they do not mensate out at perfect intervals. Wait...whooouuhhhhghgghghg...there's the strip!

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01112005
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 11:01:32 pm »

So wait... all of the board's bitching when days go by without a strip would be solved as long as we got Chris on the pill?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2005, 11:03:10 pm »

I'll never look at an Achewood strip the same way.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up