Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: signed glossy loveliness.  (Read 6684 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 11:21:15 pm »

Wow, this thread went from zero to disturbo about instantly. It'll be on my Modly Watch Radar in case Chris/Onstad/The 'Stad Man feels the need to overshare any more.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2005, 11:27:12 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
And that pill is named Maker's Mark.

Send him some.


That ain't completely dependable.

I think I'll probably get one of these. I'll really have to carefully screen the archives.

Chris, is this restricted to the main site, or is serializer stuff available?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2005, 12:19:00 am »

If you're interested in a particular Serializer piece, contact me and I'll see if it's one that works in this format. I can't produce color pieces, not for this price, anyhow. I can produce perfect-resolution digital color output for a slightly higher price - but that would be more like a commission, since I'd have to use someone else's machines. Let me know. Thanks for asking.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 12:21:06 am »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
These prints are not limited in any way. The silkscreens will be, but not the signed strips.

Silkscreens?

I would be way interested in a hand-drawn version of a strip but I'm sure I couldn't afford it.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2005, 12:57:39 am »

In The Cooker:
Silkscreened prints
Handbags/Knapsacks
Stickers


I know that I saw more info about them before, but I don't know where that info has gone.

Never mind; it's here.

Thanks for the info, Chris. When I re-up Serializer, I'll see what I think.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005, 01:56:10 am »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"

My name is not "'stad," dear friends.


Ooooooohhhh!  He called us "dear friends"!  I'm all giggly now!  I'm never going to wash my eyeballs again.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2005, 05:12:58 am »

FUCK YOU IN THE EAR!!!

Please indulge me, I am halfway in the bag.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2005, 06:45:19 pm »

Yes, my bad, he's printing out a strip on his laser printer and signing it.

Oh, he may also frame it for $20.  

But whatever.  A sucker and his money are soon parted.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2005, 07:28:25 pm »

I would dearly love to be a passenger in jough's consciousness for just one day.  I imagine the world through his eyes as a red-toned Terminator-esque POV with a constantly-roving crosshair labeled THIS IS FOR JERKS, alighting on everything meant to bring us delight* and turning it instantly into poop, mentally.

* And others a simple meal.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 07:48:38 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

But whatever.  A sucker and his money are soon parted.


That's true - I paid a pretty penny for the new username and custom title.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 07:59:03 pm »

It reminds me of athletes who sign lots of autographs. Cal Ripken will sign pretty much anything for anybody for free. Meaning signed merchandise of his isn't worth much as its basically flooded the market. But people still desire it, just not in an investment capacity.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2005, 08:30:39 pm »

I don't care if Chris wants to sell limited edition TURDS. If people buy them, he can sell them.

Jough can have an opinion and state it on his bandwidth. He's even gracious enough to allow promotion and discussion of commercial products that don't (I don't think) benefit him on his bandwidth. I probably wouldn't.

So what I'm saying is shut the fuck up about Jough, not because I think Jough needs defense (Hardly) or because I think Jough is super awesome (not super, anyhow) but because, selgiraffely, I'm sick of the  insipid whining and incessant need to bring it up over and over for the entire life of this board. Jough is Jough, deal with it like the rest of us or resist the urge to post.

For shit's sake.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2005, 09:18:27 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Jough is Jough, deal with it like the rest of us or resist the urge to post.

Word. I thought everybody loved curmudgeonly misanthropes! Looks like I gotta find a new personality.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2005, 09:24:39 pm »

On a more on-topic note, I'm into the framed strips. Maybe for the color strips you can try that unparalleled awsomeness that Penny Arcade just ran. I myself am not the type to shell out such exhorbitant sums of money, but  the PA fanbase bought those things out as fast as their nerdy little fingers could click. Not too bad.

Note: I also have nerdy little fingers
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
signed glossy loveliness.
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2005, 09:25:33 pm »

Put up with me.  I will not put up with you.
-- Aime Cesaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up