Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread  (Read 11023 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2005, 05:59:10 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Maura Tierney, by the way, carbonates my hormones.  


Me too, brother, me too.  Dude, she was hitting on you!

Also, News Radio was a great show.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 06:00:42 pm »

I once almost knocked Jimmy the Greek down at Churchill Downs.  He was coming out a door and I was going in and I wasn't paying attention to where I was going.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 06:09:58 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Me too, brother, me too.  Dude, she was hitting on you!


I know.  I wilt a little inside whenever I think about it. But she was married, and I was too.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2005, 06:31:31 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "AugustWest"

Me too, brother, me too.  Dude, she was hitting on you!


I know.  I wilt a little inside whenever I think about it. But she was married, and I was too.

What's your point here, exactly?  I mean, Maura. Tierney.  Woof.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 06:34:10 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Maura Tierney, by the way, carbonates my hormones.


As bad as it has been lately, I've been watching ER lately just because I finally found out she's on the show.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2005, 06:42:02 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I once almost knocked Jimmy the Greek down at Churchill Downs.  He was coming out a door and I was going in and I wasn't paying attention to where I was going.


Same situation, believe it or not, but for me it was Lyle Lovett at the Houston Galleria.

Also would like to reserve a seat on the NewsRadio Adoration Train, please. Are those fuck*ng DVDs ever going to come out?
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2005, 06:42:31 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
What's your point here, exactly?  I mean, Maura. Tierney.  Woof.


I guess my point was that even if it had been a 100% guaranteed hook-up, I wasn't going to just throw away my chosen life-partner / best friend  for a few moments of pleasure.  ( Cause the wife would have found out.  Wives always do. )  The fact that we have a kid now just increases this exponentially.  

And I would have put the odds of us actually hooking up at around 8%.  And that's probably me kidding myself by about 6 percentage points.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2005, 06:58:38 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
I am not counting things like autograph session


Well, there goes my number 3.  I guess I could substitute Calvin Johnson of K Records/Beat Happening fame.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2005, 07:01:43 pm »

Thus far, I'm pretty sure clonking heads with Al Gore is the best of celebrity encounters.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2005, 07:22:29 pm »

Former Secretary of State Lawrence S. Eagleburger threw spitballs at me once. He was speaking to us at summer camp and the guys next to me were "being rowdy" (he'd actually egged them on ahead of time).
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2005, 07:51:22 pm »

Someone named William J. Bennett bought my Farscape Season 1 set off Amazon, but I don't know if he was former drug czar William J. Bennett or just some guy with the same name as that old fascist whore.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2005, 09:23:38 pm »

If we are going to include family, my Dad took a class from Linus Pauling. And my Grandmother dated Buckminster Fuller. I attended high school with Mark Schlereth and college with Chris Childs, but I never met either of them.

I went to junior high and high school with Dan Spils. I guess he has some bands that are gaining attention. I don't really know.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2005, 04:51:41 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
2. I once had the misfortunate of having dinner with Noam Chomsky.  I strenuously avoided other occassions on which this experience could have been repeated.


I was thinking about this, and now I'm curious.  What exactly do you have against Chomsky?  I'm not a fan or anything, but is he a dickhead?  Have bad breath?  Chew with his mouth open?  Or is it that you are just extremely conservative?  I know almost nothing about the man aside from a bit of his linguistic theory (just a bit) and, of course, his work in history and politics.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2005, 05:09:41 am »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "wombat"
2. I once had the misfortunate of having dinner with Noam Chomsky.  I strenuously avoided other occassions on which this experience could have been repeated.


I was thinking about this, and now I'm curious.  What exactly do you have against Chomsky?  I'm not a fan or anything, but is he a dickhead?  Have bad breath?  Chew with his mouth open?  Or is it that you are just extremely conservative?  I know almost nothing about the man aside from a bit of his linguistic theory (just a bit) and, of course, his work in history and politics.

Yeah, I was curious about this too.  Is this a linguistics thing, a political thing or a personality thing.  My guess would be that it's a personality thing, because I could see how a guy like Chomsky could be pretty damn obnoxious in person.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Another thought-provoking or perhaps pointless thread
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2005, 05:21:00 am »

My aunt dated Jim Varney (Ernest) when she was 13. I'm not sure how well known he is, but, umm, yeah, this guy:
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up