Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Shank 'em - 13th January 2005  (Read 9524 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2005, 10:04:07 pm »

I think the rotating avatar thing is cool. Can you set up some thing to automatically do that? Or do you have to go in and change your profile every time?

Also, AW, if I had known it was possible and ok to do an avatar like you do, I would have done it a long time ago. If this is debagging a cat (decatting a bag?), I'm sorry.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2005, 10:06:24 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Also, AW, if I had known it was possible and ok to do an avatar like you do, I would have done it a long time ago. If this is debagging a cat (decatting a bag?), I'm sorry.


What do you mean like I do?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2005, 10:11:52 pm »

Quote from: "foolio"
What's this about being vegan? Isn't a regular chocolate-covered CUNT vegan, as long as you use dark chocolate?


Some vegans won't eat refined sugar as I guess animal products are used in the refining process?

And then there is the distinction between ethical vegans and health vegans.  People can be both, but Pat, being such a dick, is probably vegan for health reasons, as I can't imagine him mustering much compassion for anything.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2005, 10:16:21 pm »

Maybe it's the enzyme that turns the sugar to liquid that causes the problem.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2005, 10:20:15 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I wonder if Todd is going to fuck Pat in the ankle now.


Which would possibly be the grossest thing possible, depending on how explicit Chris made it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2005, 10:31:57 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"

AW: I think Nabu's referring to the hosting source of your avatar.


??? Jough gave me a good deal on some server space.  I'm pretty sure that's where it's hosted.  I'm not leeching from Dumbrella, if that's what you think.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2005, 10:35:44 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Asherdan"

AW: I think Nabu's referring to the hosting source of your avatar.


??? Jough gave me a good deal on some server space.  I'm pretty sure that's where it's hosted.  I'm not leeching from Dumbrella, if that's what you think.


Well, like I said, I didn't want to make trouble and I don't know much about it, but when I was thinking about the whole avatar thing I got to looking at the properties tab for some of them, and yours said what it says. I'd like to repeat that I am not trying to make trouble.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2005, 10:38:01 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Asherdan"

AW: I think Nabu's referring to the hosting source of your avatar.


??? Jough gave me a good deal on some server space.  I'm pretty sure that's where it's hosted.  I'm not leeching from Dumbrella, if that's what you think.


Well, like I said, I didn't want to make trouble and I don't know much about it, but when I was thinking about the whole avatar thing I got to looking at the properties tab for some of them, and yours said what it says. I'd like to repeat that I am not trying to make trouble.


No trouble at all.  Jough said he would fix this waaaaaay back in the first days of the board.  I never even checked on it.  If that is the case I will do what I can to fix it ASAP.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2005, 10:42:07 pm »

When did I say this?

This is the first I've heard that AW has been leeching off of Dumbrella, but whatever.  It's frowned upon but I don't give a shit.  I mean, really, it's rstevens's problem.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2005, 10:49:05 pm »

Probly on like August 2, 2003.  It's fixed now.

Boy is my face red.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2005, 11:08:59 pm »

At least I PMed him about it, NARC.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2005, 11:12:51 pm »

No, I'm glad you did.  Glad I was able to get it fixed.  As far as looking like an idiot, it's far from the first time that has happened.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

foolio

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2005, 12:16:55 am »

I hate vegans. They should ship them to some cold place where they do manual labor all the time. And I should have a pet tiger who eats them.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2005, 02:28:09 am »

Quote from: "foolio"
I hate vegans. They should ship them to some cold place where they do manual labor all the time. And I should have a pet tiger who eats them.


They're better than crazy Atkins people
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

V-Adore

  • Guest
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2005, 02:31:10 am »

Quote from: "miles"
And then there is the distinction between ethical vegans and health vegans.  People can be both, but Pat, being such a dick, is probably vegan for health reasons, as I can't imagine him mustering much compassion for anything.

Knowing Pat, he's probably just a vegan because it gives him more license to be a righteously indignant dickface whenever humanly (felinely?) possible.

Also, as a non-vegan, I can't speak for them, but IIRC the issue with refined sugar isn't that animal bits are involved, it's that refined sugar is less natural, involves horrible industrial sugar-making techniques practiced by cruel corporations, &c.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up