Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Shank 'em - 13th January 2005  (Read 9521 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2005, 02:33:41 am »

I knew someone who thought that refined sugar contained government mind control drugs and refused to sweeten with anything other than honey or self-pressed fruit juice.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2005, 02:51:11 am »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
I knew someone who thought that refined sugar contained government mind control drugs and refused to sweeten with anything other than honey or self-pressed fruit juice.


Now who's being naive, Ben-San?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2005, 03:05:13 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, as a non-vegan, I can't speak for them, but IIRC the issue with refined sugar isn't that animal bits are involved, it's that refined sugar is less natural, involves horrible industrial sugar-making techniques practiced by cruel corporations, &c.


It's because of filters made of bone charcoal, as far as I've ever heard.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2005, 03:12:46 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, as a non-vegan, I can't speak for them, but IIRC the issue with refined sugar isn't that animal bits are involved, it's that refined sugar is less natural, involves horrible industrial sugar-making techniques practiced by cruel corporations, &c.


It's because of filters made of bone charcoal, as far as I've ever heard.

Oh! Wow, I had no idea. That's... wild.

Thanks for edifying me; this is useful and mildly disquieting to know.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2005, 03:22:29 am »

I'm glad my SO follows the "what I don't know" school of vegetarianism. Because so many delicious things have chicken stock in them.
Logged

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2005, 03:31:34 am »

I'm imagining that Pat gets an infection and dies. And then he goes to hell and gets his 1984 Subaru Brat. Pat in hell. Boy, that would piss him off.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2005, 03:58:07 am »

Quote from: "sensate"
I'm imagining that Pat gets an infection and dies. And then he goes to hell and gets his 1984 Subaru Brat. Pat in hell. Boy, that would piss him off.

I think hell for Pat would involve attending every event sponsored by a radio station with Z, Hot, or The X in its name. Also, there would always be kids playing in his yard. With no shoes on eating fudgecicles and scratching his Brat with their bikes.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2005, 04:33:24 am »

Quote from: "sensate"
I'm imagining that Pat gets an infection and dies. And then he goes to hell and gets his 1984 Subaru Brat. Pat in hell. Boy, that would piss him off.


They'd kick his ass outta hell.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2005, 06:03:50 am »

Quote from: "sensate"
I'm imagining that Pat gets an infection and dies. And then he goes to hell and gets his 1984 Subaru Brat. Pat in hell. Boy, that would piss him off.


Let's imagine every possible scenario and then when Chris posts the comic tomorrow we can accuse him of stealing our ideas.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2005, 06:16:44 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Ben-San"
I knew someone who thought that refined sugar contained government mind control drugs and refused to sweeten with anything other than honey or self-pressed fruit juice.


Now who's being naive, Ben-San?


Good Lord, like the guy who only drinks rainwater and everclear because fluoridation is a russkie plot to corrupt the sanctity of our natural bodily fluids.

Yeeehaw!
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2005, 01:47:21 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Ben-San"
I knew someone who thought that refined sugar contained government mind control drugs and refused to sweeten with anything other than honey or self-pressed fruit juice.


Now who's being naive, Ben-San?


Good Lord, like the guy who only drinks rainwater and everclear because fluoridation is a russkie plot to corrupt the sanctity of our natural bodily fluids.

Yeeehaw!


The saddest thing is that I am actually from a town that, as far as I am aware, still refuses to fluoridate its water.  I dunno about commie plots, but if someone told them gay people like fluoride they would probably hold out for another couple of decades.
Logged
goose means greedy

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2005, 03:06:48 pm »

i think vegans taste better than atkins people,
but they are _much_ harder to cook.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2005, 06:22:07 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Ben-San"
I knew someone who thought that refined sugar contained government mind control drugs and refused to sweeten with anything other than honey or self-pressed fruit juice.


Now who's being naive, Ben-San?


Good Lord, like the guy who only drinks rainwater and everclear because fluoridation is a russkie plot to corrupt the sanctity of our natural bodily fluids.

Yeeehaw!


The saddest thing is that I am actually from a town that, as far as I am aware, still refuses to fluoridate its water.  I dunno about commie plots, but if someone told them gay people like fluoride they would probably hold out for another couple of decades.


gotcha beat there, Andy. I'm from a damn STATE that won't add ANYTHING to the water. So the drinking water isn't even treated with chlorine, let alone fluoride. Damn dirty hippies.

Basically we drink rainwater that washes down from the mountains On the big island, outside of the towns, people keep cisterns to catch and store rainwater. Luckily there are very low levels of pollution here, but still we have to give our kids prescription vitamins for the fluoride. It's asinine.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2005, 11:04:23 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
gotcha beat there, Andy. I'm from a damn STATE that won't add ANYTHING to the water. So the drinking water isn't even treated with chlorine, let alone fluoride. Damn dirty hippies.

Basically we drink rainwater that washes down from the mountains On the big island, outside of the towns, people keep cisterns to catch and store rainwater. Luckily there are very low levels of pollution here, but still we have to give our kids prescription vitamins for the fluoride. It's asinine.


In some New Mexican towns I've spent time in there is so much fluoride in the water that many of the citizens' teeth are brownish and yellowish.  Perfectly healthy, I hear, but tainted by the commie fluoride.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Shank 'em - 13th January 2005
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2005, 12:00:51 am »

I've seen people with gross teeth everywhere I lived, but I would have thought that there would be guidelines as to the level. Weird.

Teeth here are especially nasty, though - so many old asian people with, like 4 teeth.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up