Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fiery Furnaces  (Read 1913 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jimmy Kustes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Fiery Furnaces
« on: January 16, 2005, 06:53:23 pm »

I checked out the Fiery Furnaces' Blueberry Boat and if you like the weird songs on Achewood radio, you might like them. I told Chris Onstad about it and don't know if he tried them out. Another weird one is Mc Paul Barman.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Fiery Furnaces
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 07:11:11 pm »

Yeah, I've got the old Fiery Furnaces, which is like having hot JOY poured into your ears.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Fiery Furnaces
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 07:20:39 pm »

I've never been able to get into the Fiery Furnaces, but I generally like Weird Rock.  I think it should be considered as a category within the general category of Rock music, like Hard Rock or Blues Rock or Country Rock.  My favorite Weird Rock album is Brainiac's Bonsai Superstar, with Emergency & I by The Dismemberment  Plan a (not so) close second.  I'm not familiar enough with FF to count them as Weird Rock, but some of what I've heard seems to qualify.

Built to Spill:  Time Trap, as bumper music on "On the Media," the NPR program, right now!  So cool!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Fiery Furnaces
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 08:20:30 pm »

Hi Jimmy,

Your sig was about 4x too large, so I helped you out.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Fiery Furnaces
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 08:29:23 pm »

When the ship is so tight, it floats better.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jimmy Kustes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Fiery Furnaces
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 03:56:23 pm »

"I don't know how the internet works."

True, that's a good thing
Logged

old kentucky shark

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
Fiery Furnaces
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 06:02:17 pm »

I will come right out and admit that yes I am "into the Fiery Furnaces"
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Fiery Furnaces
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 09:41:56 pm »

I am ahead of the curve.

A DEMAND FOR COOKIES IS PLACED.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

old kentucky shark

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
Fiery Furnaces
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 10:24:07 pm »

Uh, how in hell was it compared to Belle and Sebastian by upside down flag guy
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up