Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Poll

Vote Ferocious J off the Island?

Yes, he didn't eat the grubs.  He's gone.
- 65535 (100%)
Nah, he's stupid yet harmless.
- 16 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: August 21, 2003, 08:44:40 pm


Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Vote Ferocious J off the Island!  (Read 9582 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
gf
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2003, 04:03:34 pm »

This forum needs a gadfly, and FJ has been fairly defending Onstad, Achewood, and his own feelings thereof. The only bannable offense on this board (that I conceive) would be an excessive number of meaningless (a.k.a. incomprehensible or unethical/advertising) posts.

No one’s opinions should make them persona non grata here. Ferocious J can challenge anything I write, I’m ready to defend my opinions. I usually disagree with him, but I’d be ashamed to suggest censoring someone because I don’t like what they say. We need all opinions, all voices, everyone should be free here.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

Schabe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
    • http://www.automatictaxistop.com/schabe
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2003, 04:35:17 pm »

Well then, the point is circular and moot.  If everyone is free to say what they want (fine by me), then they are free to be pointless, whining children, and J (or anyone else), is free to point it out and add their disappointment/indictment to that.  No?
Logged
"Wish I was as cool as Calvin / This sort of thing wouldn't bother me" - TMJ

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2003, 04:47:53 pm »

Quote
If everyone is free to say what they want (fine by me), then they are free to be pointless, whining children


These post complaining about the nature of this board are by far the most pointless, whiny, and childish.

By far!!!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2003, 05:50:42 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Anyway, I just wanted to point out that I think It's pretty funny that he's clamouring for people to keep their opinions to themselves while he, himself is the runaway leader in being outspoken.

Voicing an opinion about a strip is one thing; pointing out asshole behavior to the rest of the world is something else entirely.  If I see someone talking bullshit, they're going to get called on it.  And if I happen to phrase it in an especially cutting way, well, that's just my special gift to the world.  

Quote from: "satchel"
This forum needs a gadfly, and FJ has been fairly defending Onstad, Achewood, and his own feelings thereof. The only bannable offense on this board (that I conceive) would be an excessive number of meaningless (a.k.a. incomprehensible or unethical/advertising) posts.

Satchel makes a lot of sense to me, people.  Seriously.  Go ahead, post what you want; it's only the internet.  But you should know that if you're going to act like a dull-witted, ignorant child, then I will in all likelihood be there to run your Asshole Bus off the road, tear you out of the driver's seat with white-hot searing claws, and leave your eviscerated, steaming corpse on the side of the road for the coyotes to chew on.  Because somebody needs to do it around here.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2003, 05:54:09 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Go ahead, post what you want; it's only the internet.  But you should know that if you're going to act like a dull-witted, ignorant child, then I will in all likelihood be there to run your Asshole Bus off the road, tear you out of the driver's seat with white-hot searing claws, and leave your eviscerated, steaming corpse on the side of the road for the coyotes to chew on.  Because somebody needs to do it around here.


That is so my job.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2003, 05:58:07 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
That is so my job.

True dat.

I will from here on out try to content myself with merely identifying the buses that need to be pulled over, then, and leave the task of butchery to JLD.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2003, 06:53:36 pm »

EVERY VILLAGE NEEDS AN IDIOT

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2003, 07:43:17 pm »

Does every village also need a self-important tyrant?
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Schabe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
    • http://www.automatictaxistop.com/schabe
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2003, 08:49:27 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote
If everyone is free to say what they want (fine by me), then they are free to be pointless, whining children


These post complaining about the nature of this board are by far the most pointless, whiny, and childish.

By far!!!

~Paul


Or is it the posts that complain about that??  

Don't you see, we've been placed on the bitch-and-moan merry-go-round, the hosss are stuck bouncing in high gear like a porn star on crank, the music is speeding up, the world outside is a blur, and the carnival is only just getting started.
Logged
"Wish I was as cool as Calvin / This sort of thing wouldn't bother me" - TMJ

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2003, 03:39:22 am »

Actually, I think you may be right, Schabe, about the 50/50 good to suck ratio of the old Dumbrella board - but then again, that's pretty much true of all the boards there. Sometimes they are ok, sometimes they suck hard. Is it cool for FeroJ to rip on folks for complaining about the comic? Probably - but how long does it take for that to turn to other kinds of ripping? And when do people get called on it? Maybe someone wanted him to exercise some restraint.

Also, I think you meant deserted island (I don't understand the island in the desert theory). But perhaps not. Maybe a dessert island at, like, Sizzler?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2003, 04:44:29 am »

Just a slight clarification.  The fracas that started all this -- it wasn't precipitated by a whine about a comic.  I was complaining about a Variety Hour.

It's highly doubtful you'll ever see me complain about a comic.  Thus far, I've yet to read one that was lame enough to spur me to that level of ire.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2003, 05:00:12 am »

Sorry, I meant the comic in the sense of "something that Onstad produced." I should probably have been more specific.

Also, I like musical carnivals with cranked-up porn stars.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2003, 05:05:13 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"


Also, I like musical carnivals with cranked-up porn stars.


Well gee, who doesn't!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mimosa VII

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2003, 08:36:38 pm »

This is so ridiculous. I think it's time I deleted the bookmark to this forum. I already did it once but then I changed my mind for some reason.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Vote Ferocious J off the Island!
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2003, 09:18:37 pm »

Quote from: "Mimosa VII"
This is so ridiculous. I think it's time I deleted the bookmark to this forum. I already did it once but then I changed my mind for some reason.

Wow. Is this the board's first OMG I AM LEAVING 4-EVA, 4 REAL THIS TIME post? It's just a giant Usenet-nostalgic warm fuzzy.

Also, who the heck bumped the poll 55 votes?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up