Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed  (Read 10353 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« on: January 17, 2005, 05:12:44 am »

I don't get around to many webcomics. I see the Lesnick stab, who are the others?

now that I got the first post, I get to edit the title at my leisure.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 05:21:04 am »

Am I lamer or cooler for not recognizing any of them?

Actually, unless they were pixellated or Lore I don't think I'd know any characters.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 05:32:13 am »

Yeah, I didn't recognise any of them.

Maybe 'stad can illuminate this for us.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 05:32:44 am »

Yeah, I don't get it either.  I liked the use of Comic Sans though.
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 05:38:55 am »

I like the one with the open mouth and oval glasses but Jesus.

Sorry. This whole thing just makes me think of those furry idiots, and that pretty much just makes me angry.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 05:41:03 am »

I don't know who any of these douche webcomics characters are. I took some screenshots at "keenspot" and figure they're the "lousy webcomic archetypes." I'm typing this so that people don't think I actually know anything about them.  

However, that being said, they are all going to be permanent fixtures in the strip, replacing such characters as Raymond Smuckles and Cassandra Kazenzakis. Meet Mopey Coffee Dyke and Vaguely Japanese Shit.

 :!:  :cry:  :P  :x  :?:  :(  :)  :D  :shock:  :evil:  :!:  :|  :arrow:
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 05:44:50 am »

Mocking things you found on Keenspot is kind of like making fun of how little kids dress, I think.

EDITED SO IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE I SAW CHRIS' STATEMENT AND THEN POSTED THIS.

Ummm...yeah, this isn't me pissing on the comic. I think it's funny. But these people are idiots!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 05:46:07 am »

Full points for "such characters as."

Also, yeah, this looks to cover the spectrum -- Fruity Fairy Girl With Special Powers! Angsty Probably-A-Lesbian S*P Reject! Generically-Drawn Furry! Action, go!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 05:51:47 am »

This is so so funny.

However for you, Chris, this is shooting giraffe in a barrel.  Go back to mocking us.  This is an excellent strip.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 06:01:05 am »

Hey, congratulations on one hundred posts, Chris.

*shiver*
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

old kentucky shark

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 07:00:03 am »

This comic is Martin Luther King day!
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2005, 07:29:53 am »

Old Kentucky Shark? Of Old Kentucky Nightmare Talk Show Liquor Corporation?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2005, 08:43:37 am »

I only read Achewood. Not 'cause i'm elitist but because when I read Dilbert and P2P blood poured out of my eyes.
POURED!
Logged

char *

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2005, 12:09:52 pm »

The one in panel 5 looks like Otra from go-girly.com.
Logged

zarawesome

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2005, 12:19:16 pm »

The girl with the ponytail is definitely Lesnick's work. The kid with the weird glasses is from Anti-Hero for Hire, from the maker of Adventurers.

That being said, I think the comic is rather harsh. Like you said, it mocks webcomics in general. I read it and I hear, 'all webcomics suck except Achewood'. Telling that to a public that probably reads a -lot- of webcomics might raise the geek equivalent of fire and pitchforks.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up