Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed  (Read 10357 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.subrevolt.com/phpnuke
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2005, 09:04:25 pm »

Hopefully as permanent as shortcakes the leprechaun and Steven, the waiter who is really strong but too nice to ever get ahead in life.
Logged
** it seemed to give him energy **

tai

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2005, 10:19:33 pm »

Hmm.. the only Keenspot comic worth a damn that I've come across is Superosity.  That and Achewood make up my daily read.  (ok and ScaryGoRound, DieselSweeties, and Goats.. geez)

*long time lurker 1st time poster..
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2005, 10:43:44 pm »

Quote from: "tai"
*long time lurker 1st time poster..


What the hell is up with that?  We don't bite!  Post, lurkers, post!

Welcome tai and everybody else.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2005, 10:59:14 pm »

Jesus, you wrote Krazy Larry?

I.....I....yeah, I liked that a lot. Way to go having freaking awesome art with good stories. SHOCK. ER.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2005, 11:44:13 pm »

What the fuck is going on around here all of a sudden?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2005, 11:57:47 pm »

Welcome, all de-lurkers. You will be loved here.

I will freely confess that I never got around to reading Krazy Larry, but it looked to be of significantly higher quality than most of the Keen-stuff. To the archives I go!

And yes, Keenspot's business model always confused the living crap out of me. I remember nothing about it except that it involved a lot of reliance on the concept of "lots of hits" -> "???" -> "profit!" The ads I recall getting very blatant about "please just hit us, we aren't very good but there's an arguably sexy lady in it."
Logged

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2005, 12:13:12 am »

Wow, now I'm glad I "de-lurked". I've been reading this forum for months now, and have been a-feared to join because I thought you literary jackals would tear me a brand new asshole in the middle of my forehead. I am pleasantly surprised, and happy to be here.
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2005, 12:27:38 am »

Well, I thought today's comic was pretty damn funny.  Not as funny as the prank calls.

"Cathy... have my retarded baby..."  And especially:  "up yours garfield"

Not to over analyze, but tearing down the genre a little bit keeps Achewood a little edgy in my eyes.  I've spent a couple of insomniac nights reading Keenspot comics.  The content there isn't nearly as good as Modern Tales or Serializer, but it's free.  The art there seems to be riddled with more raw teenage angst than refined artistic angst.  Meh.  Screw 'em.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2005, 12:43:16 am »

Hey 813 - nice avatar. I'm going to toot my own horn and let you know that I have the original PBF "Bear Boy" and I consider it priceless.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2005, 12:44:43 am »

That vampire dude with the shaggy hair and perpetually-open mouth is making me laugh more every time I go back to that strip.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2005, 12:53:14 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Hey 813 - nice avatar. I'm going to toot my own horn and let you know that I have the original PBF "Bear Boy" and I consider it priceless.


Shit, get the hell out of here... PBF is the best new comic I've come across in a long time, in my opinion. It reminds me of "The Far Side", and I wish it updated more than once a week.

How did you get your hands on an original? Do you know the artist?
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2005, 12:56:21 am »

literary jackals.


I like this a lot.
Hi flood of new people.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2005, 02:29:55 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "zarawesome"
The girl with the ponytail is definitely Lesnick's work. The kid with the weird glasses is from Anti-Hero for Hire, from the maker of Adventurers.

That being said, I think the comic is rather harsh. Like you said, it mocks webcomics in general. I read it and I hear, 'all webcomics suck except Achewood'. Telling that to a public that probably reads a -lot- of webcomics might raise the geek equivalent of fire and pitchforks.

Er... why? It's possible, but... why?

You also say that in a tone like Onstad is somehow betraying his fanbase -- when he's been open for some time (at least since the Dumbrella move, probably longer) about his distaste for most of the webcomic community and the predilections thereof. Furthermore, he's taking a few broad shots to which he seems to be wholly entitled. Anyone who would be grievously offended by this just needs to go back to Marmaduke.

Quote from: "southworth813"
First post here, so be nice. I've actually been part of Keenspot from the beginning, (...)
Please don't let this unfortunate affiliation influence your opinion of me. I am only a boy, asking for a girl to love him.

You are allowed. Out of curiosity, do you actually draw a strip for them, or are you just a long-time watcher of their activities?


But keenspot is optimized for AOL and WebTV!
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2005, 02:33:30 am »

Right now I'm imagining two jackals attacking a weak and elderly lion. While one distracts it from the front, the other ducks under and bites open the lions stomach. Then it looks up, its maw glistening with blood and visceria, and gurgles, "I...PREFER....DELILLO!"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
1/17/05 - Your activities are so poorly conveyed
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2005, 02:43:51 am »

I consider myself more of a literary hyena.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up