Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs as of January 24  (Read 5156 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs as of January 24
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 11:41:02 pm »

Don't be badmouthing Old Bay. It's illegal to comsume peel+eat shrimp without it. Plus it's the only spice blend that's Alton approved.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Blogs as of January 24
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 12:20:37 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Don't be badmouthing Old Bay. It's illegal to comsume peel+eat shrimp without it. Plus it's the only spice blend that's Alton approved.


Old co-worker of mine had a father who emigrated to the U.S. and worked for a while in Baltimore (this was in the early  60's). He worked for McCormick's. At the time, Old Bay was the floor sweepings of all the other spices that settled on the factory floor. Now, obviously, it's more regulated and actually has a recipe. We hope.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Blogs as of January 24
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2005, 12:23:50 am »

Quote from: "yahnai"
What the frik is Old Bay?


YOU GODLESS COUCHFUCK.
Logged

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Blogs as of January 24
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2005, 12:47:33 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "yahnai"
What the frik is Old Bay?


YOU GODLESS COUCHFUCK.


Godless, yes, but "couchfuck?"  The mental image is intriguing.  Is that normally a verb?  I picture a zit-faced teenybopper dry humping a couch in his parent's basement.  I just say, I am nothing of the sort.

I usually eat my shrimp (or "prawns" as we call them in San Francisco) either pan/wok fried with salt and pepper, or grilled with a mojo de ajo (garlic, lime, butter) sauce.  It's quite good if you can get the garlic to roast and sweeten from the grilling without overcooking the prawns.  This "Old Bay" exotica is something I have not experienced.  I take it you guys are recommending it on shellgiraffe?

I've been known to pull crabs out of the Pacific, and I'm wondering if using "Old Bay" might be a new seasoning for them.  I've been recently re-introduced to Singapore-style "chili crab" which is a conoction of crab covered in a southeast asian chili paste, whole black peppercorns, and egg.  It's quite good.  Those Singporeans have some phenominal seafood.  

Uh... I should be finishing the freelance marketing copy I'm supposed to write this afternoon, but I'm posting on the Achewood message board.  Jesus.   Need to concentrate...  Damn you internet....
Logged

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Blogs as of January 24
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2005, 01:01:22 am »

You know, tho, I lived in DC one summer in college, right?  I remember having to work when my ex-girlfriend and her buddy drove to Maryland to eat buckets of prawns and drink beer on the beach one afternoon.  I recall being jealous that I was missing out on an east coast flavor experience.

Then again, if I had eaten a bucket of shrimp and bunch of Schlitz (or whatever piss they drink on the East Coast), my shits would probably be as interesting in color and texture as Ray's post-Korean toilet debacle.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs as of January 24
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2005, 01:56:51 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
YOU GODLESS COUCHFUCK.

Lore reference noted.

Quote from: "yahnai"
You know, tho, I lived in DC one summer in college, right?  I remember having to work when my ex-girlfriend and her buddy drove to Maryland to eat buckets of prawns and drink beer on the beach one afternoon.  I recall being jealous that I was missing out on an east coast flavor experience.

Then again, if I had eaten a bucket of shrimp and bunch of Schlitz (or whatever piss they drink on the East Coast), my shits would probably be as interesting in color and texture as Ray's post-Korean toilet debacle.

If it's really an east coast flavor experience you want skip the shrimp and get yourself some crabs for picking.

As for the piss, I believe Natty Boh is what you're looking for.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Blogs as of January 24
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2005, 02:49:47 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
YOU GODLESS COUCHFUCK.

Lore reference noted.


Lore and Old Bay. A winning combination.
Logged

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Blogs as of January 24
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2005, 05:18:36 am »

Quality.  Two clicks and I get detailed, illustrated instructions on how to manufacture artificial pu$$ys.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs as of January 24
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2005, 02:16:45 pm »

Quote from: "yahnai"
Quality.  Two clicks and I get detailed, illustrated instructions on how to manufacture artificial pu$$ys.

If the internet has another purpose then I don't want to know what it is.

Also, RSS readers are awesome because I got to see Lyle's current post side-by-side with his "ensconced elsewhere" post and it was a fun comparison.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Blogs as of January 24
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2005, 06:41:35 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "yahnai"
Quality.  Two clicks and I get detailed, illustrated instructions on how to manufacture artificial pu$$ys.

If the internet has another purpose then I don't want to know what it is.

Also, RSS readers are awesome because I got to see Lyle's current post side-by-side with his "ensconced elsewhere" post and it was a fun comparison.


Yea, I noticed that too. One might say that Lyle is back!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up