Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005  (Read 4280 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« on: January 25, 2005, 10:13:12 pm »

Why is Nice Pete writing Bible fan fiction instead of working on his blog?

How's that for some constructive criticism?

Maybe this is a thinly-disguised reference to us.  We're Blister, Chris is Nice Pete.  

We're all "MORE BLISTER" and he's all "Are you saying you don't like 'Achewood?'"  Nice Pete is going to do to Blister what Chris Onstad wants to do to YOU.
Logged

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Re: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 10:16:23 pm »

"Bible fan fiction" is a pretty funny idea.   I think I'm going to hit up Gooooogle to see if I can find any.
Logged

Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.subrevolt.com/phpnuke
God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 10:19:21 pm »

Why would nice pete read something so extremely private to someone he doesn't know so well? I guess it's probably his "condition" that urges him on. I want to see him play basketball against blister.
Logged
** it seemed to give him energy **

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Re: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 10:21:37 pm »

Quote from: "yahnai"
"Bible fan fiction" is a pretty funny idea.   I think I'm going to hit up Gooooogle to see if I can find any.


Um, ok.  Bible fan fiction isn't nearly as funny as I thought it would be.  It's kind of like Pete's stuff.  I found a jewel where a little girl goes to hell on "judgement day" because she was raped by people speaking "Mexican." And people who aren't virgins on their wedding days go to hell, you know.  And then it gets weirder.  Mmmm.  Judgementlicious.

(Maybe NWS:) http://www.fanfiction.net/list.php?p=1&s=1&g=0&cr=14&l=1&len=0&c=700&pt=0
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 10:54:51 pm »

Quote from: "yahnai"
"Bible fan fiction" is a pretty funny idea.   I think I'm going to hit up Gooooogle to see if I can find any.

As if there was every any doubt.

I like how NP appears to be choking on his own rage.
Logged

Karva

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 10:56:01 pm »

Isn't the entire Mormon religion considered Bible fan-fiction?
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Re: God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 11:07:48 pm »

Quote from: "yahnai"
Quote from: "yahnai"
"Bible fan fiction" is a pretty funny idea.   I think I'm going to hit up Gooooogle to see if I can find any.


Um, ok.  Bible fan fiction isn't nearly as funny as I thought it would be.  It's kind of like Pete's stuff.  I found a jewel where a little girl goes to hell on "judgement day" because she was raped by people speaking "Mexican." And people who aren't virgins on their wedding days go to hell, you know.  And then it gets weirder.  Mmmm.  Judgementlicious.

(Maybe NWS:) http://www.fanfiction.net/list.php?p=1&s=1&g=0&cr=14&l=1&len=0&c=700&pt=0


Wow... sounds like Jack Chick, but more so, which I would have thought was nigh on impossible.

This is a great strip though.  I like the idea of already being dead so one can make fun of the mentally unstable with some sort of impunity.
Logged
goose means greedy

Jimmy Kustes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 11:41:40 pm »

I actually made a joke about Bible fan fiction in my bio

"I got my start chiseling rocks that depicted the Virgin Mary with Japanese tentacle monsters..."
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 12:27:38 am »

Most of the apocrypha could be classified as "Bible fan fiction," and some of it even follows fanfictional tropes -- there's a fairly large body of apocrypha that basically amounts to Jesus slash fanfic, frex.

My question: what can Nice Pete possibly do to Blister? Blister is, after all, already dead. Also, wouldn't Blister know more about God than NP? He has hung out with Him and all.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 12:45:27 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

My question: what can Nice Pete possibly do to Blister? Blister is, after all, already dead. Also, wouldn't Blister know more about God than NP? He has hung out with Him and all.


That's why Pete just looks really pissed off  and irritatedhere, instead of his usual crazy blank look.  A dead guy can give him shit and he just has to take it. Remember: killers are the ultimate control freaks. Or something.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 12:48:55 am »

For a competition for Something Awful Photoshop Phridays once I made this image (the theme was magazines or something):



I much preferred this though:



And no, you can't have Cthulhu fan fiction because the Cthulhu/Hyborian mythos is open to all.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 01:01:54 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

products of Bobby's deranged psyche


Remind me that if Bobby ever does invite us all over to watch a movie,  that I am very, very busy that day.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 01:05:17 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

products of Bobby's deranged psyche


Remind me that if Bobby ever does invite us all over to watch a movie,  that I am very, very busy that day.


But you'd miss out on Meet the Feebles!
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2005, 03:24:47 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "wombat"
Remind me that if Bobby ever does invite us all over to watch a movie,  that I am very, very busy that day.

But you'd miss out on Meet the Feebles!

I kind of assumed it'd be deteriorated VHS recordings of Fraggle Rock, followed by sesame sticks and organic grape juice for a refreshing holistic sustenance break.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
God crawled among the chickens - 25 January 2005
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2005, 03:29:05 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "wombat"
Remind me that if Bobby ever does invite us all over to watch a movie,  that I am very, very busy that day.

But you'd miss out on Meet the Feebles!

I kind of assumed it'd be deteriorated VHS recordings of Fraggle Rock, followed by sesame sticks and organic grape juice for a refreshing holistic sustenance break.


I will seriously make carob-covered prunes.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up