Yeah, I've read a lot of trip-reports about salvia and it sounds like it's pretty terrifying if you actually break through (as we say). I'm whatever the hallucinogen equivalent of a cheap drunk is though, so I probably wouldn't try it. Mushrooms are more than (sometimes way, way more than) adequate for my universe-leaving needs.
Oh, and vaporizers are pretty ok. They make a lot of outrageous claims about how much better the high is than other methods, but it's really mostly just that you can hold it in your lungs longer since it's not hot. So if you've already developed Lungs of Steel, it's not entirely worth the hundred or so dollars they cost (here).
Although marijuana, I guess, is considered a mild hallcinogen, I've never really considered myself a fan of tripping. It takes quite a bit of pot to get that kind of effect. Only did LSD once.
That said, Yo La Tengo is playing in three hours, and I could really use a certain mild hallucinogen tonight. Oh well.
As for vaporizers, I'd heard that it reduces the chance of lung cancer? That true? From what studies I've read most recently, that's the greatest threat that weed poses. Brain damage wise, it mainly causes short term memory loss, and some studies suggest that it doesn't cause anything remotely like the long term brain damage achohol causes.
I love how Teodor is reaching for the bong in the second panel. Beer in one hand, bong in the other.