Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I had my baby Tuesday morning.  (Read 6788 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2005, 02:41:01 am »

Also, congratulations to you, Va!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 11:11:18 pm »

Thanks everyone.  There's a few more pictures up if anyone wants to see.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 02:14:03 am »

Well, that proves it. Babies are ADORABLE.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 05:50:12 am »

Also, I had never seen a photo of Va before.  However, I have not seen Mr. Va, so I have really no idea whether the baby looks like you or not.

I have the unfortunate features in such that all babies look like me.  So it's nothing but blood tests for me...

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 02:25:10 pm »

Way to go Va!  Hooray!  

And now to get back to the hard drinking and smokin'!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 02:46:10 pm »

Achewood fans sure do make some hairy babies!

Cute, but hairy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2005, 06:30:59 am »

Va, your daughter is absolutely astounding.  JL and I are so proud of little Pearson's hair, and there you have this exotic looking little girl with a positive maneful.  Really incredibly cute.  Long fingers and a beautiful face.  You must be very proud.  All the best to you and your family.  I hope she's not driving you too crazy or anything?  I've heard six weeks is about as bad as they can get for screaming until they're teenagers.  We're just trying to get Pearce to sleep between feedings at night without needing to be held the whole time.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2005, 01:20:49 pm »

Lydia is beautiful, and wow, what a shock of hair, but she's obscuring our view of your boobies.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2005, 07:29:34 pm »

Thanks everyone for your kind words.  We're still amazed by her  hair, also.  It's now almost long enough to get in her eyes.

Pedro, good luck with that.  We've taken the easy way our--Lydia sleeps with us. I barely have to wake up at night to nurse her. She's been "sleeping through the night" since birth. Sometimes she's fussy at bedtime and I have to walk her around for a while to help her go to sleep, but we've never had a fussy meltdown in the middle of the night. I also leave her diaperless at night, just with a pad of cloth diapers under her.  It's a lot faster and easier to slip dry diapers under her bum than to strap them to her, which she hates under the best circumstances.  We're also experimenting with going diaperless during the day.  Lydia loves it.

Also, Lydia poops in the toilet!  We're trying something called Natural Infant Hygeine, and so far it's pretty fuck*ng cool.

Also, is it possible that The Spine is the best TMBG album ever?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2005, 07:41:44 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Also, is it possible that The Spine is the best TMBG album ever?

To get briefly off-topic: yes.

To return to topic: No! might be nicer for a baby. It's an album I wish my folks had had while I was a wee one. I think I would have listened to "Where Do They Make Balloons?" until my mother actively broke the CD 'accidentally.'
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2005, 07:49:36 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Va"
Also, is it possible that The Spine is the best TMBG album ever?

To get briefly off-topic: yes.

To return to topic: No! might be nicer for a baby. It's an album I wish my folks had had while I was a wee one. I think I would have listened to "Where Do They Make Balloons?" until my mother actively broke the CD 'accidentally.'

To get less briefly off-topic: I'm always disappointed when they play songs from No! at live shows. And thank you V, for getting Violin stuck in my head.

Besides, the best kids album would have to include the rock version of Why Does the Sun Shine somehow.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2005, 10:42:30 pm »

When and if I have lil ones, I'm raising them to be rednecks on this.
Oh, and I actually have a bootleg of a Neko Case/Kelly Hogan/John Rauhouse kids show they did in Seattle if you want it. They do "Seņor Don Gato," "Rubber Ducky" and a buncha other cute ones. PM me, if needed.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2005, 07:12:44 pm »

Quote from: "Va"

Also, Lydia poops in the toilet!  We're trying something called Natural Infant Hygeine, and so far it's pretty fuck*ng cool.


Wow, that Natural Infant Hygeine website is wiggity whack.  I have to admit, I don't have the fortitude to try it.  I was actively pooped on four times in Pearce's first six days of life, and I can tell you without a shred of doubt that he has not even considered signalling me when he has to go.  I feel like I'm pretty in tune with the boy, but most of the time poops seem to catch us all by surprise, usually while I'm changing his already poopy diaper.  We are, however, using cloth diapers at least 90% of the time; we use disposeables when we know we're going to be away from the house for an extended period and won't have enough space in the diaper bag to pack out the soiled clothies.  

We've also started co-sleeping, more out of necessity than any philisophical predisposition.  We had decided against co-sleeping because Pedro experinces what sleep therapists call confusional arousals, which is far less sexy than it sounds.  Basically, it's similar to sleepwalking but involves more hallucination and, often, actual night terrors.  So we were worried about bringing our baby in bed because the problem tends to get worse when Pedro is stressed or sleep deprived.  We've had a few incidents but nothing dangerous or scary -- mostly Pedro thinks he's holding the baby when he's really cradling his pillow.  So Pearce sleeps on my side of the bed mostly, and it seems to work out.  Unfortunately, we don't sleep as soundly with him in the bed, so last night my Mom came over to hold him while we slept, and he went six hours without waking up to eat.  :woohoo:

Anyway, good luck with the natural hygeine thing.  Let me know how that goes.  I have a friend who might be interested; I'll share the website with her.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2005, 08:34:51 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"

 I feel like I'm pretty in tune with the boy, but most of the time poops seem to catch us all by surprise, usually while I'm changing his already poopy diaper.


Plus it makes me think of the Family Guy where they discuss whether to toilet train Stewie early or not...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
I had my baby Tuesday morning.
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2005, 09:05:00 pm »

Hang in there JL, it was a while before I was able to pick up on Lydia's signals--we started out just using timing, that is, we would take her to poop at times when we guessed she probably needed to, such as right after she woke up from a nap.  She still doesn't tell me when she's going to pee.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up