Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: So... what've you been listening to lately?  (Read 34414 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

old kentucky shark

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2005, 04:53:11 am »

Quote from: "Max"
Ok, I've been trying to get ahold of these guys 'LCD Soundsystem' for awhile now, but soulseek barely functions on this network.  Anybody heard them?


Yeah, and youd do well to get ahold of those guys because that album is pretty nice-nice-nice
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2005, 08:29:29 am »

Quote from: "old kentucky shark"
Now my time is divided amongst the following:


the new Spoon album


Oooh, the new Spoon is available?
I better look into it.  I heard one acoustic demo last year that was linked on pitchfork thanks to someone telling me about it and have been pumped about the new album ever since.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2005, 03:38:52 pm »

you have the new spoon album??

god damn it i am so out of it on this network.

trout: that would be very good.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2005, 11:07:24 pm »

Quote from: "starlight"
Oooh, the new Spoon is available?
I better look into it.  I heard one acoustic demo last year that was linked on pitchfork thanks to someone telling me about it and have been pumped about the new album ever since.


Wowzers, acoustic Spoon?  I can not entirely imagine that, but I'll have to look for it.
Logged
goose means greedy

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2005, 01:12:20 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "starlight"
Oooh, the new Spoon is available?
I better look into it.  I heard one acoustic demo last year that was linked on pitchfork thanks to someone telling me about it and have been pumped about the new album ever since.


Wowzers, acoustic Spoon?  I can not entirely imagine that, but I'll have to look for it.


I had to look through my 'memories' on lj since I knew I linked it.. seems to still work:  http://media.prod4ever.com/spoon/SPOON_-_I_SUMMON_YOU_demo.mp3

Ugh... I somehow forgot how to link or something's up with the forum, so hopefully it'll just turn into a link :D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2005, 01:49:23 am »

Oh, rad, thanks dude.  That was surprisingly enjoyable.
Logged
goose means greedy

old kentucky shark

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2005, 05:15:33 am »

Yeah, "I Summon You"'s probably my favorite on the album. And that demo might actually be a bit better than the album cut.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2005, 05:27:04 am »

Yeah, I constantly get that tune stuck in my head soon after hearing it.. can't wait to hear the album version.

I tried going on soulseek a bit ago and it made me dl the new version; only one user had it and they queued me, so I left.  perhaps it's slow due to this new version thing.... or the time.  I usually have more luck around 4am :D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2005, 07:11:23 pm »

Quote from: "old kentucky shark"
Quote from: "Max"
Ok, I've been trying to get ahold of these guys 'LCD Soundsystem' for awhile now, but soulseek barely functions on this network.  Anybody heard them?


Yeah, and youd do well to get ahold of those guys because that album is pretty nice-nice-nice


I haven't heard a ton of LCD stuff, but OMG the breakdown from about the halfway point of Yeah (Stupid Version) is enough to pretty much explode your entire head. Sheer psyched-out acid madness.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like that track (or at least that version) is included on the new album. So you'd do really well to pick up the Yeah 12", or just ask me nice and I could even hook you up. With that track, at least. Or something.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2005, 08:22:16 pm »

I bought "Sweetheart of the Rodeo," by the Byrds, and am really getting into that.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2005, 07:16:14 pm »

On the advice of every music columist in the hemisphere I'm listening to Bloc Party. It kind of sounds like TV on the Radio had hot man-sex with Knock Knock Knock by Hot Hot Heat.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2005, 07:55:50 pm »

Just got a couple of discs, what with earning now, though all put on credit while I await my paycheck.
Eagles of Death Metal - good stuff. Had heard it before, but had to get round to grabbing the album itself.
Mark Lanegan - Bubblegum. Somewhat less country/folk than his previous albums. More rock, and stunning guest work from PJ Harvey (funny that I'd been thinking, just before I heard about her appearance on it that they would work so perfectly together.) Hit the City is just a fuck*ng incredible track. Excellent album!
Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies to Paralyze. The brand new one. Some excellent stuff on this. I listened to the single and thought 'yea, it's pretty good', then Josh's solo came and I knew for sure it would kick ass. A more coherent album than Songs for the Deaf in many ways, and great stuff.
All in all, a good purchase. Can't wait to put them on my swanky iRiver h340 when it turns up so I can actually listen to music at work.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2005, 05:57:39 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I bought "Sweetheart of the Rodeo," by the Byrds, and am really getting into that.


I love the album.  It has two of my favorite Dylan covers.  Did you get the deluxe edition?  If you haven't, you should chek out the Flying Burrito Brothers.  I like them better than Sweetheart.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2005, 04:17:20 pm »

i have always been an elliott smith fan but never until now did i really get into 'figure 8.'  it is as awesome as the other albums.  try 'happiness', 'son of sam,' or 'la'.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2005, 04:21:44 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I bought "Sweetheart of the Rodeo," by the Byrds, and am really getting into that.


The Byrds have been on my list of bands I need to get deeper into for, like forever.  I don't know why it's taken me so long, but I think it's time to stop procrastinating and buy a couple of Byrds disc.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Up