Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bleat 8/14/03  (Read 1994 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Bleat 8/14/03
« on: August 15, 2003, 06:22:09 am »

Whether you agree with Lileks or not, you gotta admit he's a great writer.  I love it he gets self deprecating.

"Did I forget anything this week? Personal tales of no great import, laden with sodden nostalgia: check. Shallow takes on pop culture: check, and check. Grim axe-grinding polemic I should have paid people to wade through? Oh, indeed, check. Matchbook?

No! Until now. Check. See you Monday. "

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Bleat 8/14/03
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 02:05:52 pm »

Yeah, this has been a week of pretty good bleats.  I miss the Gnat/Target stories when he goes out of town, though.  I've never been to Fargo, but it sounds a lot like my hometown, and it makes me nostalgic.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Bleat 8/14/03
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 04:50:24 pm »

I loved that Erin and I had exactly the same discussion about the news coverage of the blackout. They were really disappointed.

Also, I learned this week that Lileks and I have the same birthday
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up