Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain  (Read 7051 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2005, 08:59:28 pm »

why does teodor have a capo on his guitar if he's playing that tab?

also: rickenbackers are awesome. i bet teodor likes the jam.
Logged

Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.subrevolt.com/phpnuke
2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2005, 10:16:10 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

I've said it before and will say it again: more real estate is good. I like the many-panels format.


Ditto.
I got the Calvin and Hobbes Sundays book for christmas, and Watterson talks a lot about how he liked getting to use more experimental layouts to tell the stories, or excerpts thereof, and I've always liked how it crops up in Achewood. And the evolution over a few strips of the stoned many panels to this.


Scott McCloud talks about a similar thing in Reinventing Comics. One of the reasons he believes the intArweb is a great place to publish comics is because there are no spacial restrictions or pages that need to be turned, if that is the artist's wish. On the serailzer pages, there is this comic called Fetus X, which is a perfect example of this.


Yes, but Scott McCloud is also a delerious loony.


delirous loony or not, the man knows comics inside and out and is very eloquent in his explanations of his ideas.
Logged
** it seemed to give him energy **

Franz.

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2005, 11:32:51 pm »

Quote from: "pierced lemur"

The last bar is a little dicey, there's five notes in it in 4/4  :)


Heh, Onstad fixed it.

Also, hurray for Achewoodians in Vacationland, where life is the way it should be.

That is all.

[ Franz. ]
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2005, 12:21:57 am »

Quote from: "Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

I've said it before and will say it again: more real estate is good. I like the many-panels format.


Ditto.
I got the Calvin and Hobbes Sundays book for christmas, and Watterson talks a lot about how he liked getting to use more experimental layouts to tell the stories, or excerpts thereof, and I've always liked how it crops up in Achewood. And the evolution over a few strips of the stoned many panels to this.


Scott McCloud talks about a similar thing in Reinventing Comics. One of the reasons he believes the intArweb is a great place to publish comics is because there are no spacial restrictions or pages that need to be turned, if that is the artist's wish. On the serailzer pages, there is this comic called Fetus X, which is a perfect example of this.


Yes, but Scott McCloud is also a delerious loony.


delirous loony or not, the man knows comics inside and out and is very eloquent in his explanations of his ideas.



Penny Arcade said it best with: I Can't Stop Talking!!!
Logged

Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.subrevolt.com/phpnuke
2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2005, 12:33:49 am »

Penny Arcade said it best with: I Can't Stop Talking!!![/quote]

heh. nice. oh those penny-arcaders.
Logged
** it seemed to give him energy **

Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.subrevolt.com/phpnuke
2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2005, 12:38:32 am »

Quote from: "ndpatel"
why does teodor have a capo on his guitar if he's playing that tab?

also: rickenbackers are awesome. i bet teodor likes the jam.


because when you play with a capo, you can still make standard open chords, and so when you tab it you can write "Am", "F", "C", etc and still play it up around the, say 6th or 7th fret and still write the tabs out as if you were playing with no capo at all.

(I know! techically it's a different key, but the chord STRUCTURES are the same.)
Logged
** it seemed to give him energy **

mkilly

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • Glitter & Twang
2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2005, 03:56:34 pm »

Quote from: "ndpatel"
why does teodor have a capo on his guitar if he's playing that tab?

also: rickenbackers are awesome. i bet teodor likes the jam.


because he can't sing it in the original key. DUH.
Logged
I never age at all, never die, unlike all the stars in the sky I'll be young forever and why?--'cause I'm a vampire.

pierced lemur

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2005, 08:37:07 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I still want to know how this goes.


http://www.megalink.net/~tmann/yourfault.mid

Also, I fixed the error in the other one. You may now bury your princes ragtime free.

http://www.megalink.net/~tmann/king.mid




SCREW YOU JAMES R. EUROPE
Logged
Many ladies wake to but single rose and and click of the closink door.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2005, 08:42:10 pm »

Quote from: "pierced lemur"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I still want to know how this goes.


http://www.megalink.net/~tmann/yourfault.mid


Man, that doesn't sound like it says "Your fault" at ALL!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2005, 02:30:01 am »

Quote from: "pierced lemur"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I still want to know how this goes.


http://www.megalink.net/~tmann/yourfault.mid


Awesome. Thank you. I really had always wondered about that, not having any musical inclination.

Quote from: "pierced lemur"
Also, I fixed the error in the other one. You may now bury your princes ragtime free.

http://www.megalink.net/~tmann/king.mid


Click Ro bot has lost at the SNES role-playing game of Being Click Rob ot.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
2-3-2005 I Bring the Pain
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2005, 05:10:03 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Well, I'm a fan, but I'm also drinking at 3 pm.


Note to Bozack:

Do not go down this road.  It is a lonely and a frightening road, and it does not lead to happy places.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up