Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Text adventure  (Read 3241 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

beetle

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Text adventure
« on: February 04, 2005, 03:24:49 am »

Is the achewood text adventure still in the works?  I haven't seen any mention of it in over a year now.  Are you writing it yourself, Chris, or have you hired someone?

I am super excited by the idea of this project.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Text adventure
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 03:35:59 am »

Never heard of this -- extensive Hiram the Blacksmith content, I presume?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Text adventure
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 03:57:14 am »

Quote from: "beetle"
Is the achewood text adventure still in the works?  I haven't seen any mention of it in over a year now.  Are you writing it yourself, Chris, or have you hired someone?

I am super excited by the idea of this project.


You are in a maze of twisty punchlines, all of them alike.

It is dark in here. You are likely to be criticized by a Jough.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Text adventure
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 04:04:28 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "beetle"
Is the achewood text adventure still in the works?  I haven't seen any mention of it in over a year now.  Are you writing it yourself, Chris, or have you hired someone?

I am super excited by the idea of this project.

You are in a maze of twisty punchlines, all of them alike.

It is dark in here. You are likely to be criticized by a Jough.

I typed "xyzzy." Nothing. Nothing!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Text adventure
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 04:07:25 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "beetle"
Is the achewood text adventure still in the works?  I haven't seen any mention of it in over a year now.  Are you writing it yourself, Chris, or have you hired someone?

I am super excited by the idea of this project.

You are in a maze of twisty punchlines, all of them alike.

It is dark in here. You are likely to be criticized by a Jough.

I typed "xyzzy." Nothing. Nothing!


Try "plugh."

yes, I'm that much of a geek.

Do you want your possessions identified? [ynq]
Logged

beetle

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Text adventure
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 05:49:29 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Never heard of this -- extensive Hiram the Blacksmith content, I presume?


---428 Days Earlier---

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I would definitely play Zorkwood. Or Acheband.

But, well, if things go bad, you heard it here first: TOTAL SELLOUT OMG OMG OMG

(Will the Achewood text adventure feature Hiram the Blacksmith?)
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Text adventure
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 05:55:32 am »

Quote from: "beetle"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Never heard of this -- extensive Hiram the Blacksmith content, I presume?


---428 Days Earlier---

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I would definitely play Zorkwood. Or Acheband.

But, well, if things go bad, you heard it here first: TOTAL SELLOUT OMG OMG OMG

(Will the Achewood text adventure feature Hiram the Blacksmith?)


Whoa.  A good memory or really obsessed with this text adventure.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Text adventure
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 05:59:41 am »

Man, I just got CORTJST-SERV'D

Woe and pity is me!

Hell, at least I'm consistent.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Text adventure
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 06:01:52 am »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "beetle"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Never heard of this -- extensive Hiram the Blacksmith content, I presume?


---428 Days Earlier---

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I would definitely play Zorkwood. Or Acheband.

But, well, if things go bad, you heard it here first: TOTAL SELLOUT OMG OMG OMG

(Will the Achewood text adventure feature Hiram the Blacksmith?)


Whoa.  A good memory or really obsessed with this text adventure.


The housecat named Roast Beef attacks! --more--
The housecat named Pat attacks! --more--
The tiger named Lyle quaffs a potion! --more--
The tiger named Lyle seems confused. --more--
The large cat named Ray attacks! --more--
The large cat named Ray offers you a potion. --more--
This tastes like liquid fire! --more--
You die. --more--
Do you want your possessions identified?


|----------|
|.....d....|
|...@d.....+
|....d...j.|
|----------|
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Text adventure
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2005, 06:11:15 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Man, I just got CORTJST-SERV'D

Woe and pity is me!

Hell, at least I'm consistent.


I hope CJ realizes how rad it is that his name is now a verb that is on par with "googled" among this crowd.

CJ, I salute you.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Text adventure
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 06:12:15 am »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Man, I just got CORTJST-SERV'D

Woe and pity is me!

Hell, at least I'm consistent.


I hope CJ realizes how rad it is that his name is now a verb that is on par with "googled" among this crowd.

CJ, I salute you.


I much prefer AbnrmlJstr as a verb.
Logged

beetle

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Text adventure
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 06:16:02 am »

Quote from: "miles"


Whoa.  A good memory or really obsessed with this text adventure.


Nah, I just searched the board before posting to make sure there wasn't a recent thread about it.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Text adventure
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 07:18:47 am »

A hollow voice says "Cretin."

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Text adventure
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 07:33:55 am »

Thread approved for Roguelike humor from a humor-like rogue.
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Text adventure
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005, 09:30:15 am »

Yes, my code guy has made an editor and I'll start piecing it together this spring/summer. The objective will be to get Lyle to dialysis despite many obstacles, and it will be impossible to win. There will be a hidden .bmp of Samantha Fox with a top on.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up