Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I wouldn't let a damn MOLECULE of my dick touch you! (08-15-03)  (Read 7845 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace

And again,  it's the alt-text that really made me laugh today. It's the punchline to the whole thing!

Until I read that I was thinking, 'muh, ok then', then it all worked out!
Anyway I'm off to Edinburgh for the w/e so y'all know.
See y'all Monday!

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:47:12 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
8/15
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 12:40:08 pm »

"I wouldn't touch you with Lyle's dick." is a pretty decent alternate to that punchline.

But the molecule thing was made all the funnier by the alt-text.  Viva l'alt-texte.

Okay, it's 8:30 AM.  I think it's time to go to bed.

-- Jough, who was up all night playing with his new P4 web server, running Linux and all the open source software (read: free) that makes a growing boy into a growing man.  A *special* boy.

Christ I'm loopy.

Schabe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
    • http://www.automatictaxistop.com/schabe
8/15
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 02:59:29 pm »

Actually, I completely agree.  I've really thought the alt-text had been under-used for a while, and it was nice to see him put it the effort of the old double-whamy punchline of the past.  

I also like the way Beef ends the sentence with the emphatic "BESIDES".
Logged
"Wish I was as cool as Calvin / This sort of thing wouldn't bother me" - TMJ

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
8/15
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 03:12:04 pm »

I like Ray's bed.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
get it on with me
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2003, 04:08:59 pm »

I don’t understand Beef’s irrational accustion. He and Ray have been lifelong friends, and he knows Ray doesn’t want anything to do with him sexually. Ray has joked that all genders are bonable but surely Beef has never witnessed Ray engaging in homosexual relations.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
8/15
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2003, 06:02:22 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Beef is so far out of his (dis)comfort zone that he's just totally lashing out.  Kills me how he goes right after Ray's appearance with the 'big gut' reference, and then moves right over to assailing Ray's sexuality.

Agreed.  The question I now have is: Will RB calm down enough to assess his trendy new look in a more stable light, or will he go back to RB Classic?

I think we all know the answer here.  :wink:

I wonder if the introduction of a smoove lady might change his mind, though.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

V-Adore

  • Guest
8/15
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2003, 06:26:49 pm »

Yeah, I think this is just the manifestation of a lot of general rage Beef has towards Ray, and not entirely unjustifiably. I mean, Ray is the archetypal Asshole Friend, the one who's been your friend so long that you overlook the fact that he's sort of a jerk; this whole Fonts Guy thing is just the straw that broke the Beef's back.

That said, Ray does have a slightly unnerving concentration on the idea of making Beef sexy. You can see why Beef would start to get peeved.

Also... yeah, it's already been said upthread, but "dick molecule" is priceless. I want to see a diagram of the Dick Molecule.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
8/15
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2003, 06:57:08 pm »

Quote from: ferocious j

I wonder if the introduction of a smoove lady might change his mind, though.

Or maybe a nice bone from Ray - didn't some phiosopher say "what you fear is actually what you desire most?"

I've seen plenty of male on male cat humping to know.

Edit: closed quote tag.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:48:38 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
8/15
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2003, 07:00:13 pm »

This strip does really illustrate Onstad's homophobia, though.

I don't think he'd be able to "get away" with such sentiments ("it's bad to be gay") if they weren't coming from cartoon cats.

Ferocious J, are you offended that Onstad continually derides your lifestyle?

super collider

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
8/15
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2003, 07:20:12 pm »

Horray for a whole week of on-time updates.  Back on the wagon.
Logged
advertise here

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
8/15
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2003, 08:05:30 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

I am queer and like to make personal attacks on people I've never met.  


Well, we already knew about the personal attacks part.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
8/15
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2003, 08:16:32 pm »

My favorite part is Beef's disappearing wrist watch. It's just gone in panel five, no explanation.

Funny, someone used to point that out and within like two minutes Onstad would post *FIXED* and it would be.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
8/15
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2003, 11:27:22 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

I'm being misquoted and enjoy anal sex from bald men!
Quote from: "jough"

I am queer and like to make personal attacks on people I've never met.  


I never wrote that.  

Let's not start abusing the quote tags, people, or I can remove the peters that are usually in your mouths and replace them with really nasty quotes - things that would make Teodor blush.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
8/15
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2003, 11:31:11 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
My favorite part is Beef's disappearing wrist watch. It's just gone in panel five, no explanation.

Funny, someone used to point that out and within like two minutes Onstad would post *FIXED* and it would be.


Maybe Onstad is reading this board after all.

It's fixed now.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
8/15
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2003, 04:55:20 am »

Man, it shorenuff is.  

Logically, there are several possibilities.

1.  Onstad caught his mistake hisself and fixed it on his own.

II.  Some Achewood reader not affiliated with this board caught it and contacted him.

C.  Somebody who posts here read the thread and alerted him.

Four.  Onstad is here.  
---4.1 Onstad lurks.
---IV (b)  Onstad has a sock puppet and participates.
-------D (II) 1. I think Ferocious J is really Onstad

Possibility the Fifth.   Somebody hacked Achewood and changed it without Onstad's knowledge or permission.



I think Options C or 4.1 are the most likely.  I'm leaning toward 4.1.  He just can't help hisself!

And hey, nice catch Jough!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up