Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos  (Read 12325 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« on: February 07, 2005, 08:26:25 am »

I call dream sequence. I really can't believe LN would actually act like this, unless there is something mysterious going on about which I am not aware.

I do like Teodor's lines, though. Anyway -- anyone have a transcription of the music of the day? (Also, I think I have actually heard a variation on this song's musical theme. It is rad.)
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 09:53:51 am »

Quick, do you know what piece this tab is based on!

Minus over seventy thousand points if you mention The Doors.

Minus also another five million points if you mention The Doors.

If you mention The Doors I will cut your stuff between the two balls,
completely Mapplethorping it.
Logged

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 10:08:39 am »

in the eleventh panel:  phillipe runs in and sees teodore trying to hide smoke in a tube after smoking heated-up mary.
Logged

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 12:52:39 pm »

The....The Doors?

I lose.
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

V-Adore

  • Guest
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 01:10:57 pm »

Oh, now Onstad's totally going to conduct some sort of home primary-sexual-characteristic surgery, Southworth. So sad. So very sad.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 01:48:17 pm »

I have relatively little to say about this new incarnation of ye druge theme, but I sure do dig the new painting.
Logged
goose means greedy

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 02:44:00 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Quick, do you know what piece this tab is based on!

Minus over seventy thousand points if you mention The Doors.

Minus also another five million points if you mention The Doors.

If you mention The Doors I will cut your stuff between the two balls,
completely Mapplethorping it.


I can't read music so I'm going to guess based on yor threats that it's Kurt Weill.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 03:06:40 pm »

It's Ted Nugent, right?  Right?  The Nuge RAWKS!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 03:10:58 pm »

I like the fact that there is an elaborate spy-level exchange given the fact that they are at a party in a private residence where people are openly combusting the reefer.

Also, a "current soundtrack" for achewood comics (similar to what some blog software, or CJ's signature, does) would be neat.
Logged

pierced lemur

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 03:49:58 pm »

(obligatory)
http://www.megalink.net/~tmann/Sequenceone.mid

It just occurred to me that I should change the midi patch to something that would sound more like a 60s era Ric. Hm.

"Here is that amount though"



You know, it's funny, every occasion I have bought drugs I have had an eerily similar dialogue.



Charley is definitely the type that would read a magazine about car stereos.





Edit: The midi file is definitely not being played with madness in my computer's heart. This is a problem I am trying to fix. I am trying to piss off my computer's heart.
Logged
Many ladies wake to but single rose and and click of the closink door.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 03:50:26 pm »

I didn't realize they were discussing weed until I read the alt-text.  This makes me sad.

But I can't figure out where in the conversation this became the actual topic.  I thought it was when LN mentioned his secret ingredient, but Teodor is already looking sketchy in panel 7.

Why am I giving this so much thought?  Must be the cough syrup....
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 03:53:26 pm »

Quote from: "pierced lemur"
(obligatory)
http://www.megalink.net/~tmann/sequenceone.mid


The file name is actually Sequenceone.mid. You may want to fix the file name or the link.
Logged

pierced lemur

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 03:57:29 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

The file name is actually Sequenceone.mid. You may want to fix the file name or the link.



Thank you Triangle-Man
Logged
Many ladies wake to but single rose and and click of the closink door.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 04:06:27 pm »

Quote from: "pierced lemur"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

The file name is actually Sequenceone.mid. You may want to fix the file name or the link.



Thank you Triangle-Man


No problem, alternative-lifestyle primate
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 06:44:45 pm »

Fairly elaborate scheming for a deal that takes place INSIDE.

"Cue old timers groaning about the price of a lid."

Now I haven't purchased any in, well, probably eight years, and I certainly don't consider myself to be an old timer, but that seems a reasonable price.  An eighth would cost $40, as I remember it, so $300 an ounce doesn't seem too bad.

And yes, the painting's great.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up