Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos  (Read 12312 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2005, 06:51:18 pm »

I remember paying 10 dollars an ounce.

/oldtimer

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

mattloaf1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mcbl2.com
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005, 08:06:51 pm »

I definitely got lost at the oregano part. Also, hello, I'm new here.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 08:40:08 pm »

The guitar music sounds like the beginning of Metallica's "Fade to Black" a little to me, or maybe "Sanitarium."

I did get that they were being coy with each other by the end of the first row of tiny panels (god, this format rocks) but it wasn't until I saw the little bag until I knew what was actually going down.

And doing cool spy-like stuff is fun even when no one is watching.

BECAUSE REALLY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHO COULD BE WATCHING

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 08:49:47 pm »

Quote from: "mattloaf1"
I definitely got lost at the oregano part. Also, hello, I'm new here.


We always make a point to welcome Matt and all of his many loaves.  And so welcome to you.  As for your getting lost, after the oregano part, you move on to the final frame on the right.  Afterward, you can read the part below and appreciate the guitar tabs which are indecipherable to the general public.  Be sure to convince yourself that this last part is funny.  It'll be hard, but don't worry, life's better when you think things are funny.

In order to keep from getting lost in the future, please remember left to right, top to bottom.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 09:05:57 pm »

Wonder what's going on with Beef, Molly and Vlad?  And shoudn't Ray be having Beef's back?  You know, best friends and all.  He's just getting high and giving driftwood to Teodor.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.subrevolt.com/phpnuke
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2005, 09:16:21 pm »

one hundred and fifty dollars for a 1/2 oz? damn. That's a good price.
Logged
** it seemed to give him energy **

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2005, 09:17:43 pm »

Quote from: "Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy"
one hundred and fifty dollars for a 1/2 oz? damn. That's a good price.


Like I said, it's been a while.  But it at least seemed reasonable.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nice Dave

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
MP3 versions
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2005, 09:19:31 pm »

Hi there. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I ran Pierced Lemur's provided midi files through Timidity to get fairly nice .wav versions of the music, and then used BladeEnc to produce (probably illegal) mp3s.

Sequence One

King (tempo reduced by 10%)

As a generally drug-free person, I can't really judge portrays of trippyness, but this whole episode seems to be about what I expected. Brings back fond memories of Beef in the golf cart. The multimedia aspect is also fun. (I wonder what the bird/hallucinatory skeletal guitar player was strumming during Beef's bad trip?)
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2005, 09:22:28 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
The guitar music sounds like the beginning of Metallica's "Fade to Black" a little to me, or maybe "Sanitarium."


I started to play it, but it's been so long since I've played to tab that it was too frustrating.  I didn't have the patience.  But it's inspired me to pick up the guitar again.  Thanks Teodor!

Quote from: "jough"
I did get that they were being coy with each other by the end of the first row of tiny panels (god, this format rocks) but it wasn't until I saw the little bag until I knew what was actually going down.


Me too, I didn't even get the oregano reference.  I thought it was just a bunch of nonsense strung together until I saw the baggy.

Quote from: "jough"
And doing cool spy-like stuff is fun even when no one is watching.

BECAUSE REALLY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHO COULD BE WATCHING


Or listening.

It's true.  They probably have perfectly good cause to be careful.  It's a lesson Henry Hill could have learned.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2005, 10:04:02 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
 But it's inspired me to pick up the guitar again.


We continue to be all about education.

As another generally drug-free person myself, I was relieved that I understood what was going on without needing the messageboard to explain it to me.  Because I really can't afford to fall any further down the coolness scale, really.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2005, 10:54:51 pm »

Jesus, I had this exact same conversation last night.

Me: Hey, that message you sent me, was that about....praying to Jah?
Dealer who is also my RA: ...What? No.
Me: Oh, okay, what's up?
DWIAMRA: I was wondering if you needed any....trees.
Me:..t...trees?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2005, 11:02:22 pm »

I've been nothing but a drunk for many years now, which is probably a damn good thing since there's no fuck*ng way I could afford $150 for a half.  $35/quarter back in the day.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: MP3 versions
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2005, 11:15:07 pm »

Quote from: "Nice Dave"
Hi there. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I ran Pierced Lemur's provided midi files through Timidity to get fairly nice .wav versions of the music, and then used BladeEnc to produce (probably illegal) mp3s.

Blade? Damn, it's all 1998 up in here. That was abandoned by its deveper 2.5 years ago. It's all about the LAME baby.

As for legality, I think Fraunhoffer pretty much gave up on requiring a license fee for encoders. Although Winamp, WMP, iTunes, &c all ship with encoders now anyway so you must have legal one on your machine somewhere.

</mp3 snob>
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2005, 11:32:37 pm »

Damn, I didn't know American drug prices were so dire until I moved here and now all my friends are American and amazed at how cheap pot is here.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2005, 11:39:06 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Damn, I didn't know American drug prices were so dire until I moved here and now all my friends are American and amazed at how cheap pot is here.

But isn't your tax rate on booze like 80%?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up