Blade? Damn, it's all 1998 up in here. That was abandoned by its deveper 2.5 years ago. It's all about the LAME baby.
As for legality, I think Fraunhoffer pretty much gave up on requiring a license fee for encoders. Although Winamp, WMP, iTunes, &c all ship with encoders now anyway so you must have legal one on your machine somewhere.
Well, this is the 400 mhz machine running a sketchy linux distro... The machine that gets stuff done. There is no lowercase i this or Windows Media that near this particular box.
I won't try to liken my inferior compression ratio to the warm sound of a 1960 Fender Bassman, but I do think it says something that I got my MP3 encoder back when such things came from mirror sites in Croatia and pissed off The Man right from your command line. (Mostly it says, why don't I use Ogg Vorbis yet? But see, I am retro geek, or something. So bladeenc is a tool with historical significance, like an M1 Garand for home defense.)
Anyway, Pierced Lemur's Sample One,
Now with slightly more madness.One thing I do not have is a single musical bone in my body, despite my Von Trapp Family upbringing... I can only guess at what a fast and heart-maddened tempo should be. Ah well.