Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos  (Read 12301 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2005, 05:39:16 am »

Shitt, my brain is trying to crawl out of my face, so yes. It is nice when trees are offered.
Andalucia, can I come live on your couch?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2005, 08:51:12 am »

Quote from: "pierced lemur"
(obligatory)
http://www.megalink.net/~tmann/Sequenceone.mid


The bit should be played about four times that fast, a la Kottke's "The giraffeerman," and using a heated-up old Washburn instead of an electric Rickenbacker (or a computer program that you got at the grocery store). Emphasize the high notes as in "Back to the Old House."

Let's make this happen.  Together, in learning.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2005, 12:40:57 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
a la Kottke's "The giraffeerman,"


Man, that is totally an instruction I want more music to have.


Quote from: "Bozack"
Shitt, my brain is trying to crawl out of my face, so yes. It is nice when trees are offered.
Andalucia, can I come live on your couch?


I don't entirely know what that means, but if there's anything I tend to have abundantly kicking around, it's pot and couches.  And cookies.  So yes.
Logged
goose means greedy

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2005, 01:09:04 pm »

Quote from: "mattloaf1"
how long does this 'half-o' last?


As long as it takes Jesus to come along and break us both and feed us to millions
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2005, 01:42:52 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"

However, in defense of todays weed it's a total skull fuck over weed of yesteryear.  Potency levels something like 1000 percent higher than back in my day.


Sadly not true. Recent tests show about a 20% rise in potency in the strongest Dutch weed, but most of it isn't much stronger. That said, from experience, that extra 20% can be quite something. The shit we usually get over in Britain though, certainly isn't much stronger than anything else.
I go for the Dutch shit full time though. Explains a lot I feel.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2005, 02:00:58 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy"
one hundred and fifty dollars for a 1/2 oz? damn. That's a good price.


I used to buy a quarter pound for 125.

/oldtimer

~Paul


Back in my day we would buy it a POUND at a time, and do you know how much it cost?  A NICKLE!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2005, 02:08:03 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Shitt, my brain is trying to crawl out of my face, so yes. It is nice when trees are offered.
Andalucia, can I come live on your couch?


I don't entirely know what that means, but if there's anything I tend to have abundantly kicking around, it's pot and couches.  And cookies.  So yes.


Dang, can I come too?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2005, 03:22:50 pm »

It's a party in my grim rez-apartment living room and everyone's invited!


Well, at least it's not a bathroom...
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2005, 03:36:30 pm »

So is today's strip the chicken recipe?  Did he think we'd be too high to notice?

We return Wednesday.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2005, 03:39:22 pm »

Why "we"?  Is that the royal we?  Does Onstad have a penis in his pocket?  Does "we" refer to the whole Hee-Haw, uh, Achewood gang?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.subrevolt.com/phpnuke
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2005, 05:14:13 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy"
one hundred and fifty dollars for a 1/2 oz? damn. That's a good price.


Like I said, it's been a while.  But it at least seemed reasonable.


I only hope T isn't sacrificing quality for quantity. Maybe uncle ray has a prescription for it and LN raids his stashe every so often.
Logged
** it seemed to give him energy **

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2005, 08:01:21 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
So is today's strip the chicken recipe?  Did he think we'd be too high to notice?

We return Wednesday.


A. Chicken recipe who?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2005, 08:28:50 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "jough"
So is today's strip the chicken recipe?  Did he think we'd be too high to notice?

We return Wednesday.


A. Chicken recipe who?


No man, Dave's not here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2005, 09:20:46 pm »

We are shelling out $50 for an eighth here in these parts.  If I could get a half for $150 I think I'd shit my #####.

Of course, I'd also shit them if I bought drugs from a talking cat.  I have to change my ##### a lot during the day.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2005, 11:09:04 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I still feel greeeeeeat.


Dammit Jough, I was all geared up to show the SO (who is also heavily involved in editing your openpoetry/poetryx thing, apparently) your commercial, and the file isn't on your server anymore. What gives, man! Hook a sistah up!

[/delurk]
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up