Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos  (Read 12353 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2005, 12:29:55 am »

oh man, I'd forgotten about that.
Allow me to add my name to this petition.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2005, 03:53:54 am »

Quote from: "Mite"

Dammit Jough, I was all geared up to show the SO (who is also heavily involved in editing your openpoetry/poetryx thing, apparently)


Ah, he's the one...

Quote
your commercial, and the file isn't on your server anymore. What gives, man! Hook a sistah up!


I don't know if that'll see the light of day again.  That was about a year ago already - so I'd have to dig it up.

If anyone has a copy of NutriJough feel free to post it wherever.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2005, 06:42:37 am »

NutriJough

This is what comes of having too many hard drives.
It was great though!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2005, 06:52:59 am »

Thanks Slink - I can't find a copy myself so I'm re-downloading yours.

Do you have the original commercial, too?  Or can someone CJ the link to the original download?  NutriJough doesn't really make much sense if you aren't familiar with the original unaired commercial.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2005, 07:02:07 am »

Quote from: "jough"

Do you have the original commercial, too?  Or can someone CJ the link to the original download?


Good call. It was in the same directory.
NutriGrain
It'll be uploaded about 8 minutes from now, but I'm going to bed...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2005, 07:30:43 am »

My computer borked the codec such that all I got was sound, but even so, that was a very special experience. Maybe it's best that I just imagine the visuals.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2005, 01:58:11 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
My computer borked the codec such that all I got was sound, but even so, that was a very special experience. Maybe it's best that I just imagine the visuals.

I believe Jough's was in Divx (or possibly xvid) which all the cool buccaneer-americans are using.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2005, 07:23:08 pm »

Man, I don't know crap for crap about "codecs" or "Xvids" or "moving pictures on my analytical engine." All I know is that I played the NutriJough file, WMP started up its soothing visualizer (I believe it's "Gemstone Matrix," and over the comforting colored lights I heard... THE JOUGH SOUND.

Quite the experience.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2005, 07:58:38 pm »

Honestly people, just install the klite codec pack, and it will take care of most everything, including installing Media Player Classic, which is by far the best player I've found.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2005, 08:01:22 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Honestly people, just install the klite codec pack, and it will take care of most everything, including installing Media Player Classic, which is by far the best player I've found.

Klite is good but can be dangerous if you let it install too much.

And Windows XP already has WMP 6.4 installed you just have to know where to look. I'm pretty sure that when klite "installs" it just creates a shortcut. Typing mplayer2 in the run box accomplishes the same thing.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2005, 08:29:01 pm »

Yeah, I have to admit to just using mplayer2.exe most of the time - I have it associated with everything but wmv files.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2005, 09:06:30 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Yeah, I have to admit to just using mplayer2.exe most of the time - I have it associated with everything but wmv files.

I either use that or BSPlayer. I like it because it'll play Real and Quicktime without having to install/launch another player
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2005, 09:08:01 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

And Windows XP already has WMP 6.4 installed you just have to know where to look. I'm pretty sure that when klite "installs" it just creates a shortcut. Typing mplayer2 in the run box accomplishes the same thing.


No, media player classic isn't WMP. It's based on it, but it's so much better. Millions of options, stability and a playlist, all in a small, fast package.

(it can be found on it's own on sourceforge.net)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2005, 09:24:45 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

And Windows XP already has WMP 6.4 installed you just have to know where to look. I'm pretty sure that when klite "installs" it just creates a shortcut. Typing mplayer2 in the run box accomplishes the same thing.


No, media player classic isn't WMP. It's based on it, but it's so much better. Millions of options, stability and a playlist, all in a small, fast package.

(it can be found on it's own on sourceforge.net)


It's my media player of choic when I'm logged in via cygwin and PROGMAN.EXE for that old-school feeling.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
7 February '05 -- People who buy magazines about car stereos
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2005, 09:33:58 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

It's my media player of choic when I'm logged in via cygwin


Yet another thing I had to lose for Pro Tools. I swear, music makes me sacrifice so much!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up