Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magical Adventures In Space Daily!  (Read 3849 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« on: February 07, 2005, 06:01:14 pm »

This is probably not news to anyone here who would care, but I thought I'd just point out that Jeff Rowland has revealed that his new post-Wigu project is a daily strip featuring Topato Potato and friends. "The Television Network Channel" was just filler.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

V-Adore

  • Guest
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 06:30:58 pm »

I was particularly impressed at just how quickly he managed to change tracks. Is it a Rowland tradition that every long-term project has to be preceded by something avant-garde that lasts about three weeks?

The real shame of it is that I would read a daily American Platypus comic.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 07:02:00 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

The real shame of it is that I would read a daily American Platypus comic.


Ditto. I've never really read Wigu properly, and probably won't read this much, but if American Platypus shows up more...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 03:59:22 pm »

Topato's a great character, but I'm a bit disappointed by the way readers have been rejecting new things this year. Scary Go Round went through the same thing with the Irish pixie story
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 07:27:00 pm »

Oh, is that what happened? I had assumed that, in the typical Rowland style, he just got bored and decided to default back to Topato. If it was actual reader feedback that made him switch, then fie on them.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 08:29:08 pm »

Jesus, 4000? Christ. I guess I just don't value my internet time highly, but I'm willing to look at basically anything J-Ro shows me.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 04:15:07 pm »

Man, I was much more into Wigu-TV than I am a strip with all Topato all the time. Oh well, I'll stick with it. I do love Sheriff Pony.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 07:34:25 pm »

I'm enjoying it so far, but I could see where it would become irritating. The Topato universe is sort of set at 11 for Wackiness constantly, and sometimes you want a strip just a little more grounded in actual human feelings, you know?

EDIT: Post 2525. I feel that my title should be "Exordium and Terminus."
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 09:16:25 pm »

Oh man, I never really read Wigu but I get an insane amount of enjoyment from Topato and MAISD.  It comforts me on Tuesdays when we await a Wednesday return.

I spent so much time at Wigu.com that I ordered his merchandise instead of that other guy's who doesn't update as much.

Don't be surprised if you come here tomorrow and are redirected to:

http://wigu.plagiarist.com

:O

V-Adore

  • Guest
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 10:01:31 pm »

That said, wouldn't that require J-Ro to nuke his Dumbrella board out of existence first? That would make me sad, because with a few exceptions (many of them Bob Talbot), the Wigu board is one of the least scummy places on Dumbrella.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 10:44:44 pm »

I still haven't got into any of these ones, but my bro told me about Overcompensating, which I just got round to checking out. This I will read...
The one about Tanukis and promiscuity just totally won me over.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 03:36:38 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
EDIT: Post 2525. I feel that my title should be "Exordium and Terminus."

In her post 2525 if V is still alive...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Magical Adventures In Space Daily!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 05:25:32 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
EDIT: Post 2525. I feel that my title should be "Exordium and Terminus."

In her post 2525 if V is still alive...

~Paul

I LIVE

RUN, COWARD, RUN

(Also, that was like 225 posts ago.)

EDIT: Exactly 225 posts ago. Go me.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up