Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05  (Read 6344 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« on: February 09, 2005, 11:29:45 am »

This strip is all the more precious to me as I have just recently started to appreciate The Cure.
I'm still loving the format and have had an epiphany. Teodor is actually the coolest Achewood character, effortlessly so.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 01:31:09 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
I'm still loving the format and have had an epiphany. Teodor is actually the coolest Achewood character, effortlessly so.


I've known that since 12/17/01

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 01:59:56 pm »

I wasn't really feeling this one until Teodor's baseball cap line.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 02:10:06 pm »

Well, I've always seen myself as Roast Beef/Pat with an aspiration of being Ray.
But now I'd happily be Teodor.
Logged

Jimmy Kustes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 02:28:32 pm »

I'm pumped from that comic
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 02:30:59 pm »

You shouldn't drive while high on the reefer!
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 02:35:06 pm »

Ray sounds like he's come down from his high.  He's not all float-y Jesus like any more.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 02:45:07 pm »

I think the title should have been "He'd murder dead things if science would let him."  But that's just my opinion.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

mkilly

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • Glitter & Twang
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 02:52:36 pm »

I always thought that Teodor and Mr. Bear were underappreciated, what with Roast Beef and Ray and Philippe getting so many more strips and story arcs and all that shit. But over the last week Mr. Bear and now Teodor have again shown themselves to be bad-asses.
Logged
I never age at all, never die, unlike all the stars in the sky I'll be young forever and why?--'cause I'm a vampire.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 02:55:13 pm »

Great strip!  I laughed, I cried, I wet my #####!  The great lines just kept on coming.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 03:42:40 pm »

Check Ray's look of exasperation on the second row, third panel.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 04:21:10 pm »

I was more impressed by his expression of frustration in the last panel of the first row.
dammit!
I think if Teodor got proper story-arcs he'd be less cool. He's got this untouchable, distant quality that is what confers on a person coolness.
To some he'd seem arrogant, to other's he'd be introverted.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 05:20:09 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I think the title should have been "He'd murder dead things if science would let him."  


YES.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2005, 05:22:15 pm »

I suppose that Sugar Loadzz claims that their junk is only like the top quality dog food.  Otherwise comparing your junk to dog food isn't that great.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005, 05:34:16 pm »

The Science Diet!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up