Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05  (Read 6326 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2005, 05:34:36 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I also like that everyone seems to be on to Nice Pete.  In fact, I like a lot of things about this strip and that makes me happily uncomfortable.

Hmmm. I'm curious what you mean by this statement. After all, it's been debated on this very forum (by me, even!) as to whether Nice Pete's tales of murder are in fact just a front to increase his street cred, or True Tales of Human Drama ("Another victory for the Lord").

Actually, I guess that would be Feline Drama, but whatever.

Anyhow, what does being "on" to Nice Pete really mean?

Further, Ray established a positive relationship with Nice Pete; I'm surprised he hasn't signed The Death Sound to Prime Time Records yet, frankly. Maybe because he doesn't rap about his junk and dog food.
Logged

Nice Dave

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Uh oh
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2005, 05:51:24 pm »

I'd have to agree... I wouldn't call Teodor "the main character", since this ain't that sort of party, but he is definitely the most grounded in all things Achewood. And his perspective is generally awesome.

I'm just a little concerned because I feel a shooting (or shivving(?)) coming on. At least the usual victims seem to be out of the line of fire, so far...
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2005, 05:57:54 pm »

Quote from: "MSC"
I suppose that Sugar Loadzz claims that their junk is only like the top quality dog food.  Otherwise comparing your junk to dog food isn't that great.

I was thinking about how dogs keep licking the bowl even when there's nothing left to eat. Or maybe I've just watching too many movies with "sluts" in their titles.
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2005, 06:34:37 pm »

Achewood is my almost daily reminder that I'm stupid. I totally didn't get the "lost my diet rootbeer cherry" until I read this a second time... I'm a disgrace.

Also I thought it was my duty to this forum to let you know there is no Wayans Brother Cookbook. Not that I really want one or anything. It just doesn't exist for those of you who did.
Does Ray's Escalade have those rims that keep spinning after the wheels have stopped? I think they probably do. That seems like something he would spend money on just for the sake of spending money. I mean he records guys called "Sugar Loadzz".... What more can I say?
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2005, 06:39:25 pm »

Sugarloadzz must be talking about how their junk is like something bitches would enjoy eating.
That's my interpretation. Word!
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2005, 07:00:45 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"

Hmmm. I'm curious what you mean by this statement. After all, it's been debated on this very forum (by me, even!) as to whether Nice Pete's tales of murder are in fact just a front to increase his street cred, or True Tales of Human Drama ("Another victory for the Lord").


In fairness we never actually see whether there are actually hands in the bag, but dude, there are totally hands in that bag.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

V-Adore

  • Guest
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2005, 07:20:56 pm »

I have to third the recommendation that "he'd murder dead things if science would let them" is the line of the strip. That said, it's pretty much all good.

Pat is definitely a diet-root-beer person. Maybe even a diet-caffeine-free-Mountain-Dew person.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2005, 07:50:18 pm »

I realize this could be said of just about any of them, but Teodor always knows exactly the right thing to say.  I think this strip was the shiningest example until today.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2005, 08:00:03 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Pat is definitely a diet-root-beer person. Maybe even a diet-caffeine-free-Mountain-Dew person.

Pat is Mormon?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2005, 08:02:44 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Pat is definitely a diet-root-beer person. Maybe even a diet-caffeine-free-Mountain-Dew person.

Hell no. DCFMD has yellow #5 in it. Plus you know the orange juice they use isn't organic.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2005, 08:25:17 pm »

I'm sure Pat drinks some diet rootbeer organic shit made from wheat. All I have to say about the strip is this: the hits just KEEP ON COMIN'!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

mattloaf1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mcbl2.com
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2005, 10:22:47 pm »

'diet root beer cherry' = 'anal virginity'?
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2005, 10:23:57 pm »

whoa.

Um, that was not my interpretation.
Logged
goose means greedy

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2005, 10:25:03 pm »

Quote from: "mattloaf1"
'diet root beer cherry' = 'anal virginity'?


What the fuck?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
Limeys who want to be sad girls - 09/02/05
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2005, 10:54:21 pm »

today's strip is too awesome in too many ways.  the thumbs down, diet-root-beer virginity, the expressions, the phrases . . . all for the history books.  He'd murder dead things if science would let him, indeed!

that said . . .
ladies on my junk like rice and beef
finest quality
like Pedigree
or Iams beggin me
like she's in heat . . .
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up