Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects  (Read 7443 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« on: February 09, 2005, 04:34:29 pm »

This textbook is used to teach the Japanese the "proper" (tongue-in-cheek) ways to handle adult subjects in English. Let's just say there's something a little bit... shall we say, missing in the translation:

I suck at the internet

Although now I know how to write "If you leave me, I'll kill myself!" in Kanji.

By the way, that picture is awesome for an avatar.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Re: Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 05:15:38 pm »

Just the other day I was talking about purse pussy and octopus pussy. I was talking about it a lot. My friends and co-workers were weeping with delight.

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
By the way, that picture is awesome for an avatar.


Except that it's fuck*ng huge, as avatars go, and also not entirely work-safe.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 05:52:21 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
This is not the first time Bobby has caused me to deploy adblock on an image of his.  I trust it will also not be the last.

What Asherdan said. At work, anyway.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 05:55:00 pm »

You people are WEAK! Achewood is INHERENTLY non-work-safe!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 06:48:09 pm »

Bobby, I'll give you until after I've taken a shower to ensmallen your avatar, otherwise you may not be allowed to have one.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 06:57:34 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Bobby, I'll give you until after I've taken a shower to ensmallen your avatar, otherwise you may not be allowed to have one.


What's the pixel limit? Does it apply to people like paul?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 07:25:13 pm »

Now I want to write a careful formal Japanese essay about "asleep style." This could be nearly as bad as the time I attempted to explain to my Japanese professor a fairly lame bio-department pun about "because sex cells."
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 07:42:42 pm »

Yeah, I saw this on metafilter.
The astounding part is that it's really coherent, syntaxically, so there is no way to explain any of this away as zany mistranslation.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 07:49:00 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Now I want to write a careful formal Japanese essay about "asleep style." This could be nearly as bad as the time I attempted to explain to my Japanese professor a fairly lame bio-department pun about "because sex cells."


I think the Japanese invented asleep style, as well as rape style, bukkake style, giant anime ***** style, bathroom style, used panties from vending machines style ...

Onstad, if you are reading this, I will commission you to make a painting of Phillipe and Ultra Peanut in this pose.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 07:56:15 pm »

Arts and Entertainments? Hmmmmmmmmm.
I'ma stick this in Wild Card, as it's just not quite arts or entertainments, despite the art and the sex.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 08:09:46 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Arts and Entertainments? Hmmmmmmmmm.
I'ma stick this in Wild Card, as it's just not quite arts or entertainments, despite the art and the sex.



Well, it is "literature..."
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 08:20:15 pm »

Much better.

And yes, the avatar limits apply to everyone.  One of these days I will install that plug-in that automatically limits the avatar size...

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 08:21:47 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Much better.

And yes, the avatar limits apply to everyone.  One of these days I will install that plug-in that automatically limits the avatar size...


Yet, what is the limit? Is it the 80 x 80 pixel that the UBB says? Because yours is 64 x 97 ;)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2005, 08:24:40 pm »

I'll probably make it 100x100px.  The width matters more than the height.  This is true of most things.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Japanese Textbook on Adult Subjects
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005, 08:27:08 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I'll probably make it 100x100px.  The width matters more than the height.  This is true of most things.


*clap*

Touche.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up