Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Poll

Laura Bush

Full of shit...
- 8 (50%)
Snappy Dresser...
- 2 (12.5%)
The Greatest First Lady of this Century...
- 0 (0%)
I'd sleep with her...
- 3 (18.8%)
Actually CowboyNeal in drag
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: February 09, 2005, 11:52:23 pm


Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Laura Bush  (Read 4567 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Laura Bush
« on: February 09, 2005, 11:52:23 pm »

I just heard Laura Bush being interviewed on the radio.  I'm not sure this is actually possible, but she may be even more full of shit than her husband.

Discuss.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Laura Bush
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 12:01:10 am »

Here's my question: why is she considered important? Does she hold an office? An appoinment? Being the family member of somebody important/fapenis doesn't make you important. She should have to go out and earn her interview time just like anybody else.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Laura Bush
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 02:10:42 am »

I saw the post title, and that it had a poll, and automatically thought "Laura Bush: HOT OR NOT?"




Decisively NOT.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Laura Bush
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 03:00:18 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Here's my question: why is she considered important? Does she hold an office? An appoinment? Being the family member of somebody important/fapenis doesn't make you important. She should have to go out and earn her interview time just like anybody else.


Yeah, but it's not like this is a new concept.

Nancy?  Hillary?  Ladybird?  All movers and shakers.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Laura Bush
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 03:02:22 am »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Here's my question: why is she considered important? Does she hold an office? An appoinment? Being the family member of somebody important/fapenis doesn't make you important. She should have to go out and earn her interview time just like anybody else.


Yeah, but it's not like this is a new concept.

Nancy?  Hillary?  Ladybird?  All movers and shakers.

I never said it was new. I used to bitch about Chelsea getting on the news all the time. If they're going to suck up news time it should at least be for a pet-cause or charity or something.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Laura Bush
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 03:05:22 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Here's my question: why is she considered important? Does she hold an office? An appoinment? Being the family member of somebody important/fapenis doesn't make you important. She should have to go out and earn her interview time just like anybody else.


Yeah, but it's not like this is a new concept.

Nancy?  Hillary?  Ladybird?  All movers and shakers.

I never said it was new. I used to bitch about Chelsea getting on the news all the time. If they're going to suck up news time it should at least be for a pet-cause or charity or something.


I wouldn't mind seeing more of the Bush daughters.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Laura Bush
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 03:10:09 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
If they're going to suck up news time it should at least be for a pet-cause or charity or something.


Oh, but it was for a pet cause, to improve the statistics for boys.  You see, she thinks "I feel like, in the United States, that we've sort of shifted our gaze away from boys for the last several decades, and that we've neglected boys," Mrs. Bush says."

Interview from All Things Considered
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Laura Bush
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 03:11:59 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
If they're going to suck up news time it should at least be for a pet-cause or charity or something.


Oh, but it was for a pet cause, to improve the statistics for boys.  You see, she thinks "I feel like, in the United States, that we've sort of shifted our gaze away from boys for the last several decades, and that we've neglected boys," Mrs. Bush says."

Interview from All Things Considered


She talked about that in this article I saw somewhere.  She wants to help the troubled boys.  The troubled boys!

A large portion of the article was devoted to discussion of her dog, her hair, and her clothing.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Laura Bush
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 03:25:50 am »

Quote from: "miles"
A large portion of the article was devoted to discussion of her dog, her hair, and her clothing.


And of course the fact that she's a teacher.  She never passes up an opportunity to mention that she was once a teacher back in Midland.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Laura Bush
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 03:50:02 am »

Quote from: "miles"
She talked about that in this article I saw somewhere.  She wants to help the troubled boys.  The troubled boys!

A large portion of the article was devoted to discussion of her dog, her hair, and her clothing.

Maybe it's like Eliza in the Baroque Cycle and it was really a complex code. Because she's all about the I Ching.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Laura Bush
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 04:13:29 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
"I feel like, in the United States, that we've sort of shifted our gaze away from boys for the last several decades..."


The quote, taken out of context, as above, sounds pretty creepy.  Members of NAMBLA may disagree, however.

This is exactly what my 10th grade English teacher was warning me about when he lectured us about the proper use of quotations.

By the way, I looked up NAMBLA to make sure I had all the letters down and in order, and I found this.  North American Marlan Brando Look Alikes?  North American Motorcycle Bandana Loving Association?  The fuck?

It says you can submit acronyms.  Let's do it!

Disclaimer:  I only know about NAMBLA because when I was in high school I was an Allen Ginsberg fan, and apparently he spoke at some NAMBLA conferences.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Laura Bush
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 04:25:30 am »

Quote from: "miles"
Disclaimer:  I only know about NAMBLA because when I was in high school I was an Allen Ginsberg fan, and apparently he spoke at some NAMBLA conferences.


Haha, that's how I learned of its existence too.
Logged
goose means greedy

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Laura Bush
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 02:07:01 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Here's my question: why is she considered important? Does she hold an office? An appoinment? Being the family member of somebody important/fapenis doesn't make you important. She should have to go out and earn her interview time just like anybody else.


she's considered important because she is the First Lady.

While not necessarily an "office", the status of First Lady is a storied part of American Policitcs.

Yes, you would need an appointment to marry the President.

as for earning her interview, some might say that she has earned a place by the Lord's side in heaven for staying married to BushCo, let alone an interview.  Of course, people saying that are also paying for propoganda.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Laura Bush
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 04:19:01 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Here's my question: why is she considered important? Does she hold an office? An appoinment? Being the family member of somebody important/fapenis doesn't make you important. She should have to go out and earn her interview time just like anybody else.

she's considered important because she is the First Lady.

See, I don't buy that. I don't think the "first family" is automatically news. I don't really give a shit about the guy my Representative happened to marry unless he stages a protest or heads a charity drive or something. Just existing <> newsworthy.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Laura Bush
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 04:43:21 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

See, I don't buy that. I don't think the "first family" is automatically news. I don't really give a shit about the guy my Representative happened to marry unless he stages a protest or heads a charity drive or something. Just existing <> newsworthy.


whether you buy it or not, she is considered important by the general population because she is married to the President.

do i agree with you?  yes.  does it matter? no.

is she important regardless?  yes.  besides being the First Lady, she is the wife of an important member of the ruling class, with money, contacts, and power.  she is important because she uses her status of importance to be important.  she is important because her status of importance is used by others who are important to generate more importance.  the important part about being important is that it is important to always be important, unless it's important not to be, in which case you are important by not being important.

(the more i type "important", the more "Wrong" it looks.)

you apparently don't think she's important, because she's just the wife of the President.  apparently, others place her as important because she's the wife of the President.

i'd say, regardless of her marital status, she is important because she is being used as a spokesperson for an agenda that affects the entirety of the country and quite possibly the world.

does she _deserve_ such importance?

does the rain _deserve_ to be wet?

i dunno, but if i stand outside too long my socks get soggy and i catch a cold.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up