Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Fanfiction  (Read 3372 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kapow

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
    • http://lotlot.net/
Achewood Fanfiction
« on: February 12, 2005, 06:29:27 pm »

Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 06:40:29 pm »

I'm not sure whether I'm relieved or confused that it appears to be an exact retelling of the Trouble Man and No-No arc, with the addition of Beef's thoughts about the matter.

Also, is Trouble Man supposed to be a rabbit? He seemed fairly blatantly to be a dog to me. (... must... not... be channeling Ponce...)
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 07:00:20 pm »

I'll probably never be as efficiently brutal as Alienjack, but yeah. That was really not very good at all, and I'm actually pretty fuck*ng embarrassed to have read it / have something in common with whoever wrote it.

I look at fan fiction with amusement and fascination; I've read enough about it to understand, on a basic level, why people do it, but I'll be damned if I ever know why people feel the fuck*ng need to share it.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 07:16:55 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

I look at fan fiction with amusement and fascination; I've read enough about it to understand, on a basic level, why people do it, but I'll be damned if I ever know why people feel the fuck*ng need to share it.

Not to take things too off-topic, but: the noble answer is "to create a community of fans with mutual interests and enjoyment." The less-noble answer is "attention whoring."

Six of one, half-dozen of the other, I say.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 07:17:15 pm »

I'm afraid to read this.  Is it all full of Ray and Beef having sex?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 07:20:53 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
I'm afraid to read this.  Is it all full of Ray and Beef having sex?

It's pretty literally just the exchange between Beef and Trouble Man about the burning of Heaven and the "murder act," just with a running Beef inner monologue. Kind of lame but harmless.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 07:41:19 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Kind of lame but harmless.


Kind of lame? It is exquisitely lame.

Quote
He might never see his Molly again. He'd never converse with her late into the night, never again hold her to him and smell that wonderful and unconventional combination of Taco Bell food and Bath and Body Works. Could God be so selgiraffe?


Quote
Suddenly he remembered Ray and the old man trussed up like Colonel Sanders, and the guns. "That damn Ray and what all he brings on me. Whatever happened in the hospital, I must have died again.


Quote
Without Ray Smuckles I wouldn't be in this ugly stew, or any for that matter. Man, fuck Ray. Every day I've spent with that man and his friends have been like a big roller coaster of nothing too good.


Quote
Another puff and the rabbit changed the subject as casually as though he'd just been discussing various brands of potato chips and their qualities.


At least "pavlov reaction" (and, if that is a troll account /posting, my hat is off to that excellent little flourish) admits later on in the thread: "I know it's unforgivably faggy to write fanfiction of any sort..."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 08:08:45 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

Not to take things too off-topic, but: the noble answer is "to create a community of fans with mutual interests and enjoyment."


It seems that we manage to do this without creating anything so poor as what Zart has quoted.  I feel the urge to move this thread to some other forum to try to protect poor Chris from the knowledge that he could inspire such sad writing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2005, 08:25:44 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"

It seems that we manage to do this without creating anything so poor as what Zart has quoted.


Certainly agree with that.
And I have to say, I don't even udnerstand why people write it, let alone the sharing it. I guess, if you could capture the characters well enough maybe, but I would just rather create my own characters.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2005, 09:01:15 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

Not to take things too off-topic, but: the noble answer is "to create a community of fans with mutual interests and enjoyment."


It seems that we manage to do this without creating anything so poor as what Zart has quoted.  I feel the urge to move this thread to some other forum to try to protect poor Chris from the knowledge that he could inspire such sad writing.

This is entirely fair, both in terms of community and in terms of content. It's staying here for now, though, although if it wanders too far I'll probably split off the extraneousness elsewhere.

I realized what a nerd I was when I was reading those excerpts, hit the one about Taco Bell and B&BW*, and what happened in my head? Continuity Bitching. "Dude, do you not READ the strip?! Molly doesn't even come back to Earth until after the No-No arc! She definitely doesn't work at Taco Bell for months! When this happens, Beef has never seen Molly outside of heaven! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!" It is sadness.

* Incidentally, the fact that the author believes this scent could be in any way pleasant indicates that s/he has never been in a high school locker room. Bath and Body Works stuff mixed with any other aroma in the world, particularly other B&BW products, turns into a nasty-ass hateful chemical soup, like Carmen Miranda had her hat artificially scented and then exploded.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 09:19:48 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I look at fan fiction with amusement and fascination; I've read enough about it to understand, on a basic level, why people do it...


Would you care to share your thoughts on this because I completely don't understand at all.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2005, 10:17:03 pm »

Please keep in mind that it is posted at the "Portal of Evil" forums.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2005, 11:49:23 pm »

GAY

the thread may now be closed
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2005, 07:38:44 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
....like Carmen Miranda had her hat artificially scented and then exploded.


Commendations for this awesome statement. KUDOS.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Fanfiction
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 06:03:19 pm »

Quote from: "Kapow"
Achewood fanfiction by "pavlov reaction"


I'm pretty open minded once you get to know me, but let me say that even though I have not read this I think it is a horrible idea.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up