Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: valentine's dinners  (Read 6305 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
valentine's dinners
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 02:34:54 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I got my gift a little early and I highly recommend it: Shaun of the Dead.   Actually came in a two-pack with Dawn of the Dead.


Seconded.

And I saw the double pack at Costco.  Is Dawn of the Dead (it's the new one, right?) any good?  But even if not, I think the price is lower than I have seen at other stores for just Shaun of the Dead.

I went to school, worked, had some Burger King, and then met with two fellow students about a presentation we are giving tomorrow.

Burger King, people.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
valentine's dinners
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 03:01:19 am »

Quote from: "miles"
Burger King, people.

That's right! Keep it on topic. <idly fingers Onion Offense card>
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
valentine's dinners
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 03:46:01 am »

I buried my Aunt yesterday.  It was not very romantic.  The food donated by my parents church was very good though.  Especially the enchillada caserole.  Also my new girlfriend's 23 year old cousin with a three week old baby had a congestive heart failure and died.  Her funeral was today.  This has not been a very good St. Valentines day.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
valentine's dinners
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 04:03:43 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
terrible things

I'm so sorry, Paul. My condolences to you and those close to you.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
valentine's dinners
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 05:01:58 am »

Very sorry, Paul.  Hang in there.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
valentine's dinners
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 05:29:14 am »

Paul: Very sorry to hear that.  

August: I just got Shaun of the Dead in the mail today from Netflix.  Glad to hear it's worthwhile.

Miles: I found the new Dawn of the Dead to be hell of a lot of fun - it's not as much of a satire as the original, but it doesn't drag on for too long like the original did either.  The pace is much faster, and the people are not idiots and behave somewhat rationally.

I rented it and liked it enough to buy a copy.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
valentine's dinners
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 02:02:15 pm »

Wow. But that kind of puts those awful girlfriend stories in that other thread into perspective.

----------------------------

I saw Shaun of the Dead in the theatre. I thought it was definitely worth a rental but not hilarious. But I did read a review that said the extras on the DVD are almost worth the price alone.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
valentine's dinners
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 04:09:47 pm »

We ate at Chipotle (which, sadly enough, is "our" restaurant...we eat there are least once a week), and then made good use of the giant bottle of Kahlua I bought. Kahlua- the liquor that tastes disconcertingly like chocolate milk.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
valentine's dinners
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2005, 02:44:47 am »

made a pizza, salad,

tested some "Ginsing Up" soda (40 cents at the closed up Winn-Dixie!  It was just a few years old!)

ice cream,

watched The Grudge (why oh why?!) and then watched Until the End of the World.  Anyone else seen that?  Cause it was awesome.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
valentine's dinners
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 03:40:19 am »

Until the End of the World is probably Wenders's worst film, and yet it is still incredibly good.  There's a European version which is about an hour longer and oddly enough the pacing is actually *better* at the greater length.  

This film is also MIA on DVD, which is SAD.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
valentine's dinners
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 07:46:07 am »

Paul - that's a rough few days - hopefully it only gets better. Young people passing is awful no matter what. There aren't even words for it...just...sorry man, so sorry.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up