Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005  (Read 5968 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 03:29:51 am »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
Is Ray's poor telling of jokes perhaps mockery of this-here board?


We tell jokes?
Seems a bit abstract to me, but I guess it's possible.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 06:06:38 am »

I don't see how it could be a mockery since you are all funnier than the strips usually.

Bobby, I'm not going to say that this joke will get old by friday, because it was already old this morning before we returned Wednesday.  This strip was delayed because Onstad couldn't come up with a better way to end it.

TODAY'S STRIP IS THE COMIC EQUIVALENT OF FACTORY SECONDS - AT WAREHOUSE PRICES

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 07:09:45 am »

Actually, the strip was late because I have a pretty thorough case of the flu. Our hospital tells us there's a big outbreak in our area lately. Thank you for all your cards and flowers.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 08:11:28 am »

Ah, sorry to hear that.  I too can't really produce good work when I'm ill.  I sincerely hope you get well soon, Chris.  I don't know if the internet can handle one more of Ray's (i.e. your) bad jokes.

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 01:03:08 pm »

I liked the idea of Taliban bartenders.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 04:21:47 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Actually, the strip was late because I have a pretty thorough case of the flu. Our hospital tells us there's a big outbreak in our area lately. Thank you for all your cards and flowers.

My sympathies, Chris, and best wishes for your recovery.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 04:31:48 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Actually, the strip was late because I have a pretty thorough case of the flu. Our hospital tells us there's a big outbreak in our area lately. Thank you for all your cards and flowers.


So the chicken recipe will be in the form of a soup, then.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 06:10:01 pm »

Flu sucks, Chris.  Hope you feel better soon.  Jough is full of crap.  This was a terrific strip.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 06:14:19 pm »

California's getting hammered by this flu bug.  First my daughter was sick, then my wife was home from work for three days, now I'm fighting it...as are several of my wife's relatives and co-workers...well, almost everyone I know, along with Chris Onstad and Michael Jackson.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 06:06:13 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
California's getting hammered by this flu bug.


Huh. Y'all must've caught it from Wyoming, then. I and just about everybody else here had it pretty bad a couple weeks ago. So it's all our fault. Sorry.
But not sorry to Michael Jackson. He deserves the flu.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 07:28:43 pm »

Has to be said, I think I have a virus at the moment. Someone made it over here pretty sharpish from Wyoming. I'm not into full on flu yet, but my entire body aches, so it can't be far off.

Also, while California is on the cards, I wanted to enquire (as we are battling planning for offshore wind turbines, on shore here, on subsiding land, with higher population than anyone claimed in the propsals &c.) whether California was still having to have brownouts?
That is all.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 10:16:34 pm »

Brownouts?  Not here.  Sometimes California has them in the summertime owing to increased air-conditioner use, but I can't recall the last time I was affected by one.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2005, 10:45:09 pm »

Yeah, I was going to say something similar - the brownouts or 'rolling blackouts' thing usually only happens during peak electric load periods, and I've only experienced them in the hottest part of the summer.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2005, 12:08:44 am »

Figured as much. I hadn't heard anything of them in a long time. There was a point a few years back when it was 'the question that needed answering', or so it was touted. Just was wondering how it had gotten along or how founded it was in the first place.
Cool.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Some more of those good jokes - 16 February 2005
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2005, 12:22:43 am »

The Question that Needs Answering.

That is truly an important issue for our time.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up