Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/18 -- Magic Gravy...  (Read 5689 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« on: February 18, 2005, 12:50:27 pm »

...means Trouble with a capital "T"
and that rhymes with "P"
and that stands for "Phillipe"
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 01:39:27 pm »

Quote from: "MSC"
...means Trouble with a capital "T"
and that rhymes with "P"
and that stands for "Phillipe"


Fie on you for not naming this thread "the braggadocio of a Rap person."
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 02:00:10 pm »

And Philippe accidently gives Lyle an idea for his next series of movies involving various foods paired with Magic Gravy.

Also, Philippe should not pour boiling Magic Gravy in his eyes. That would be . . . disturbing. I'd link this but Achewood.com is being for suck right now and keeps timing out.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 02:04:14 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
And Philippe accidently gives Lyle an idea for his next series of movies involving various foods paired with Magic Gravy.

Also, Philippe should not pour boiling Magic Gravy in his eyes. That would be . . . disturbing. I'd link this but Achewood.com is being for suck right now and keeps timing out.


The AbnrmlJstr I know would force the achewood servers to respond with an appropriate response.

You're getting old, dawg.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 02:21:11 pm »

"I fie upon that"? Is that some obscure usage of "fie" that I was previously unaware of?
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 02:30:16 pm »

Maybe he's just so upset that he wasn't bothering with proper usage.

Great strip.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 03:48:34 pm »

Here comes a special boy...straight into the clutches of drunks and pedants. That's gonna be one messed-up otter.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

V-Adore

  • Guest
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 04:20:29 pm »

When exactly did Mr. Bear stop being a basically well-meaning, if slightly fussy, responsibility figure and turn into Pat Reynolds Again? Did I miss the memo?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 04:21:39 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
When exactly did Mr. Bear stop being a basically well-meaning, if slightly fussy, responsibility figure and turn into Pat Reynolds Again? Did I miss the memo?


Everybody has buttons that shouldn't be pushed.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 04:24:03 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
When exactly did Mr. Bear stop being a basically well-meaning, if slightly fussy, responsibility figure and turn into Pat Reynolds Again? Did I miss the memo?


Everybody has buttons that shouldn't be pushed.

~Paul

I dunno, I find it arbitrary and dumb. Achewood really doesn't need another Pat. and part of the humor of Mr. Bear IMHO comes from the fact that he's not actually a dick, just far more fastidious than those who live around him. Also, pushing the "Philippe is hurt because of a misunderstanding" button strikes me as less melancholy now and more just mean-spirited.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 04:49:24 pm »

I think that's the joke, V - Mr. Bear is usually so understanding and genial and indulgent, but he's just got this one thing he can't stand, and poor little Philippe, well, he really fucked up this time (that is some terrific alt-text, by the way).

Do you like the idea of Philippe turning out like Little Nephew? You do not.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 05:01:42 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I think that's the joke, V - Mr. Bear is usually so understanding and genial and indulgent, but he's just got this one thing he can't stand


Thank you Zartan.  I think it's consistant with his character as well.  He's very genteel so it would stand to reason he would really have a strong dislike for such a vulgur medium as rap music.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 05:03:24 pm »

I should add also, that I thought it was funny.  It made me laugh.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 05:04:43 pm »

Eh, it still doesn't work for me, but I certainly am not the only reader of this free daily comic strip. If it works for others, more power to y'all.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2/18 -- Magic Gravy...
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 05:21:39 pm »

No need to become petulant my dear.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up