Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clothing sizes  (Read 2267 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Clothing sizes
« on: August 17, 2003, 03:01:52 am »

After months and months of saying "man, I can't wait til I'm out of college so I can afford to spend money on Achewood merch," I'm finally out of college with enough money for Achewood merch! But I have questions first.

I know there were conversations about t-shirt sizes at the previous board, but I don't remember the results. I'm a relatively small woman (currently wearing a children's large They Might Be Giants shirt, usually buy small or medium shirts). What size would be optimal for me? Baby doll or unisex? And do the sizing charts actually mean the unisex shirts when they say "Men's"? Thanks,

Mite
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Clothing sizes
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 05:33:41 am »

It doesn't matter, because you'll be an old lady before Onstad ships your merchandise anyway.

ZING!

I think the babydolls are kinda over-sized, aren't they?  Like really long t-shirts?

There are generic-looking photos in the store, but Onstad may hire local strippers to model the new t-shirts when they come out in the Fall.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Clothing sizes
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 02:49:25 pm »

IIRC all the shirts are 100% cotton, so keep that in mind too. (Although all my TMBG shirts are as well, so those might actually make a good guideline)
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Clothing sizes
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 11:05:39 pm »

Actually the women's tees run a little small -- my 36C's barely fit in a Large -- and the men's are pretty much what you'd expect.  Large women's would be about eqivalent to a men's medium, but would be less fitted.  

Hope this helps.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
memories
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 08:07:53 pm »

I remember when I was still in college, thinking “After I graduate, I will have a real job with decent money.” haha
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]
Pages: [1]   Go Up