Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever  (Read 3449 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« on: February 25, 2005, 01:26:02 pm »

Behold:

ROAD HOUSE: THE PLAY

The Stage Version of the Cinema Classic That Starred Patrick Swayze, Except This One Stars Tajmak, from the 80's Cult Classic The Last Dragon, Wearing a Blonde Mullet Wig.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 02:29:43 pm »

When I saw this subject, I simply assumed Dirty Dancing.  Is that the second best musical based on a Patrick Swayze cult classic?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 02:34:05 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
When I saw this subject, I simply assumed Dirty Dancing.  Is that the second best musical based on a Patrick Swayze cult classic?


I will modify the topic accordingly
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 02:37:35 pm »

LET'S HAVE A PATRICK SWAYZE CHRISTMAS
(Michael J. Nelson)

Open up your heart and let the Patrick Swayze Christmas in.
We'll gather at the Roadhouse with our next of kin.

 And Santa can be our regular Saturday night thing.
We'll decorate our barstools and gather round and sing.

Oh, let's have a Patrick Swayze Christmas this year!
Or we'll tear your throat out and kick you in the ear!

It's my way or the highway, this Christmas at my ba-ha-haar.
I'll have to smash your kneecaps if you bastards touch my car!

I got the word that Santa has been stealing from the till.
I think that that right jolly old elf better make out his will, ohh,

Oh, let's have a Patrick Swayze Christmas, one and all.
And this can be the haziest...
This can be the laziest...
This can be the Swayziest
Christmas of them aaallllllllll
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 07:15:36 pm »

God bless you, RRC.

Anyway, are you sure that you'd call Dirty Dancing a cult hit? It seems to be relatively well-known -- at least, significantly more so than Road House.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 07:45:55 pm »

It may be cult in terms of how many people still choose to watch and enjoy it.

The last time I watched Dirty Dancing it was with a bunch of friends and we'd all just acquired suction-dart guns, so it was a modified experience.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 08:06:37 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
It may be cult in terms of how many people still choose to watch and enjoy it.

The last time I watched Dirty Dancing it was with a bunch of friends and we'd all just acquired suction-dart guns, so it was a modified experience.


It is a cult movie because it starts off as a coming-of-age rebellious teen romance and ends up as science fiction. Why sci-fi? Because the majority of the film took place in the 1950's, and all of a sudden the end MAGICALLY TRANSPORTED US TO THE 1980'S WHERE BLACKS IN GAUDY SUNGLASSES WERE ALLOWED TO DANCE WITH WHITES IN 80'S FASHIONS.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 11:20:33 pm »

It's funny, because I just got an Easy Bake Foundry for Christmas this year.  It turns the raw pig iron you have laying around the house into high grade steel that's ready for market!

God, MST3K used to be so good.  I miss Joel.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2005, 06:02:42 am »

Quote
God, MST3K used to be so good. I miss Joel.


What's MST3K?
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2005, 06:28:10 am »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote
God, MST3K used to be so good. I miss Joel.


What's MST3K?


Some cereal.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2005, 06:39:14 am »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote
God, MST3K used to be so good. I miss Joel.


What's MST3K?


Good grief, I hope that was just a lame attempt at humour and you're just playing dumb instead of being totally ignorant of from whence your avartar came.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2005, 07:04:46 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote
God, MST3K used to be so good. I miss Joel.


What's MST3K?


Good grief, I hope that was just a lame attempt at humour and you're just playing dumb instead of being totally ignorant of from whence your avartar came.

Given as his name is "robot_roll_call," his avatar is Cro(oooo)w, and he just quoted all of "A Patrick Swayze Christmas," methinks it's a joke. Mayhaps. A smidge.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2005, 03:18:18 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote
God, MST3K used to be so good. I miss Joel.


What's MST3K?


Some cereal.

I quite liked that.

Also, would Crow know what MST3K was?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 04:49:54 pm »

Quote
Good grief, I hope that was just a lame attempt at humour and you're just playing dumb instead of being totally ignorant of from whence your avartar came.


I am such a big nerd that I actually have every single episode burned to CD, including the rare public access season. So if anyone ever wants an episode or two, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 04:51:15 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Also, would Crow know what MST3K was?

Yes, because they were partially self-aware. They had Commercial Sign and addressed the audience via Cambot, including reading letters.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up